Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Color for Kashmir White Granite

Posted by LisaC1995 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 19:54

I would love some advice! I just purchased Kashmir White Granite--it has more movement and more taupes than other slabs I have seen, but plenty of ivory and some gray. We are painting our kitchen cabinets and I want a warm white or cream. I like a traditional 'pottery barnish' kitchen--walls are Restoration Hardware silver sage, medium toned hardwood floors, going to do a glossy cream subway tile backsplash. Any advice on a cabinet color that will not produce a 'sterile' looking kitchen, yet still blend with the cooler tones of Kashmir White granite?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Color for Kashmir White Granite

BM Simply White or Cloud White are very popular. I have BM Dove White, but in my kitchen with lots of natural light it can be very white but it might also work for you.

o

An extra note--the lighting in my kitchen is not the greatest, so it is darker to begin with. I definitely don't want a white-white, but am afraid that going too cream would not be good because of the lighting--how can I achieve a warm feel in the room with the cabinet color????

o

Hi,

I've linked a thread regarding cream cabinets that may give you some inspiration. I also want off-white cabinets that aren't stark. I chose BM Mascarpone. Who knows if I made the right choice though, I don't even have windows yet! I decided based on online photos, reviews, and large samples of the color next to my other elements (soapstone, wood floor, cedar beams).

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread on cream cabinets

o

Thanks laurajane! I will look at the Mascarpone!

o

We have Kashmir Gold counters and used BM Bavarian Cream for all the trim specifically because it goes so well with the counters. It may well be a good match for Kashmir White too - worth having a look.

o

I used BM Acadia white for the trim in our house. It's a creamy white. Don't have it on cabinets though.

o

Hi Lisa-

I have to second Denali's BM Acadia White suggestion. My kitchen cabs are this color, and I'm designing my parents' kitchen now with Kashmir White granite and BM's Acadia White cabs.

It's a gorgeous, creamy, slightly warmer white, definitely not a stark white.

Something else to consider, most colors in this family do tend to darken or sometimes go a little tiny bit warmer over time.

o

I went with BM White Dove for the cabinets. Now, I'm stuck on the subway tile--Adex Hampton series make a pretty beveled, crackled tile in a bone color, but I'm worried it is too ivory. Any suggestions for subway tile colors/brands?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here