Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions on new kitchen layout

Posted by front (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 19:47

I want to extend my kitchen into an adjacent area. My existing kitchen ends at the partition wall. I want to extend it out to have more room in the kitchen and to have a place to sit and eat. I just wanted to get some inputs on the project. The remodel work isn't too intensive. I just don't want to miss something.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions on new kitchen layout

pic

o

pic

o

pic

o

Any input?

o

so the wall to be removed is where the peninsula and stools are in the mock up? This is your chance to get improved venting..... placed on that high wall, what is your venting plan? an and easier and less lengthy bend to outside might be had on fridge wall.....customarily the best venting assignment for install and efficiency in function would be the sink wall. Replace centered sink window with some narrow casements flanking the hood, taking centered position. Then sink and fridge are positioned on the inside walls.I would seriously consider this......with the pitch of your ceiling, the wall hood with some taller casements bringing in light /view would fit the ambience....I think you'd be enhancing your space more.

o

Where does the door go ? Garage ?

Can we see an expanded view of the space including what the surrounding rooms are ?

o

Thank you for the suggestions. I was thinking about routing the exhaust vent above the cabinets using rectangular vent pipe. It would then go into the wall and into an adjoining attic space. It would eventually go out a side vent. I am open to venting it directly through the roof. I would need to build a soffit around it.

The door actually goes to a small laundry room. The rest of the wall is a walk-in closet. Unfortunately, I did not finish the rest of the floor plan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here