Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
winns_gw

Recs for Alternative to Kohler Stages 45"?

winns
10 years ago

Thank you for all the valuable information we have received from perusing these forums.
We love the form and function of the Kohler Stages 45" but I do not like the zero radius corners based on having a zero radius sink in the past. My last sink was great for a few years and slowly seemed to become harder to clean in the corners

Does anyone know of a SS sink that gives the versatility of the Stages with a bit of a rounded corner? We love the drain board, large basin, clean lines and overall usefulness. We were planning on pairing it with a Waterstone PLP and a Kohler Karbon on the island prep sink (smaller single basin SS sink).

Thank you for your time.

Comments (8)

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

Similar style with slightly rounded corners, handmade and lots of sizes

Here is a link that might be useful: Julien j7

• winns
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. I had not found the J7 series. I appreciate it. We have fallen for the Kohler Stages but I would like to minimize adding to my cleaning routine by considering the other options. This is a great one in the big single sink.
    Thanks again.

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

If installed properly, one of their cutting boards can slide across. There also is a colander accessory (additional). The loss is the recessed tray. The pro is less space taken up below the sink.

• cevamal
    10 years ago

Ha! I started the same thread a couple of weeks ago. :D

The conclusion I came to is to decide which of the Stages features are most important to me (cutting board, colander, and rack, I think) then shop for large single bowl sinks with those accessories available. There are a surprising number of options!

I haven't decided on one or I'd give you a rec. :)

• winns
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. I just reviewed your thread, Cevamal. Rococogurl, yes, the loss is the recessed tray. I think my husband and I will miss the recessed tray. I have a feeling that having a cutting board +/- colander in a big sink will still limit the usability. It just seems like the stages is designed really well......except for people like me who do not want zero radius corners. As of this hour, we are leaning towards the stages and I will get some sponges ready to go to address the corners.
    NIyati

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

The other 45" luxe sink is Mick DeGiulio's multiere by Kallista. It has the best drain design IMO. It's huge and has the requisite moving parts which all do more than one thing. Incredibly clever. I've seen it in person and it has a huge bling factor.

But the Stages recessed tray is unique and super functional. These are the best of the best so it's just a question of trade offs.

Multiere video linked below in case anyone wants to hear Mick explain the concept.

Here is a link that might be useful: Multiere

• winns
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The multiere is a work of art. The whole line is beautiful. Since I can get a good quality single bowl with accouterments, I suppose it comes down to the utility of the drainboard. My husband and I have discussed this in circles. He really wants to go with the Stages. The zero radius corners are still a concern I will deal with and time will tell if they are tough to clean. Thank you!

• BostonJack
    10 years ago

The Blanco Precision series has 10 cm radius corners and the link below will take you to the model similar to the Kohler Stages. There are some optional accessories, such as a colander and glass cutting board, that are nice. These are made in Germany.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Precision Sink

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz