Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Backsplash needs to be selected ASAP...

Posted by marniemosiman (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 19:15

Contractor is pushing hard so he can finish...I understand, but we can't seem to find something that seems right. Everything is either too matchy, cutesy, or boring. Here are some of the ideas we're working with-
This is an area that needs tile- up to the bottom edge of the hood-
Photobucket

And here are the colors we're playing with-both pics are the same color, but since they're handmade, this is the range (and the photo isn't terribly accurate either) this would be 3X6 tile, not the arabesque pattern.
Photobucket
PhotobucketANd here is something we thought we'd like for the "box" behind the range, but now that we see it in place, it's not right...
Photobucket

ANy thoughts, opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Backsplash needs to be selected ASAP...

I actually really really like the tile behind the range. I think the other reads too peach. It might look nice to try to find a handmade tile that matches that cream color in the range tile.

o

I think the tile you have over the stove would be fine - but keep the other tiles light - like a cream.

the hood is big, heavy looking (and beautiful) and the stove is also big and powerful looking - keep the BS light and plain.

o

I agree - that hood is beautiful - maybe find some copper accent pieces for behind the cooktop. The original idea for behind the cooktop looks fine on my computer monitor
The tiles you show just look too peachy but maybe the monitor is not true.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here