Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beekeeperswife---Plastic Wrap

Posted by flevy (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 19:10

We're in the process of selecting our granite. DH wants marble. Really, really wants it. But he's a bit OCD. I brought home a sample and etched it for him. I had him run his hand over the etched sample. Asked him if he could live with it.....he asked if we could put plastic wrap over the counter when we have parties. He had no idea why I was laughing so hard. So you're not the only one who has this idea!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beekeeperswife---Plastic Wrap

I've been wondering what the outcome was for Bee. Wasn't the party going to be in early October?

o

LOL!!! too funny!!!

o

GW moment! I have those once in a while, makes my DH think I'm nuts. I'm glad he wasn't with me when I went to the first granite yard, I was so excited to see granites I recognized from GW! And tiles at the tile place. And then the ReStore...

o

flevy--love it!

As far as our Open House....we haven't had it yet. We were waiting for the deck to be finished, just to add a destination for guests rather than only hanging out at the island. But I do plan on just picking up some of the 36x48 sheets of plexiglass and putting them on the island. To me, it will be like a tablecloth. I will also put the food out on it. Most people won't hang around there if it is the buffet. Drinks will have a station elsewhere, maybe the table. Appetizers will be also located somewhere else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here