Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Invincible LVP flooring?

Posted by zeitgast (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 19:08

Anybody have experience with the Carpet One store brand of luxury vinyl planking?

Was shopping for LVP and saw on display. Looks really good and seems to have good specs (0.55 mm wear layer).

We are installing on a concrete slab below grade (basement actually) but I was told by the rep that they sell a lot of this for people who like wood in a kitchen but don't want to worry about water or tile induced back pain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Invincible LVP flooring?

I don't know what brand Carpet One is selling.

We have Konnecto brand luxury vinyl planks- wood type- in our sunken living room. We did use the Konnecto underlayment to provide a little bit of softening. I think it would be great in a kitchen. We just have it in the LR due to flooding and having to rip out the carpet. We wanted to have something waterproof in case it happens again. I put it in in Jan 2010 and it still looks great. Lots of people think it is real wood.

o

i don't know about Carpet One either, but I looked at their website and they have quite a selection. I wonder who manufacturers it? Is it made by Konnecto also?

I have used the Allure flooring from home depot since it first came out. I love it.

The newest is the Allure Plus. I installed the travertine style in a bathroom, and a wood look style in a back entryway. I think it's beautiful and SO easy to keep clean.

I plan to use it in my next kitchen & bathroom projects.

o

I don't know carpet one.

I used LVP from Amtico in most of our house, and I used Flexitech in the basement as it is more cushioned and it's a sheet product so less likely to be impacted by moisture. Both have performed very well for us, but Amtico is expensive.

Amtico:

Flexitech:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here