Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for pullouts for narrow pantry???

Posted by Anne2326 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 18:45

Hi everyone. My inlaws just downsized to a condo and have a very small kitchen. There is a narrow(!) pantry next to the refrigerator. Unfortunately, there are no pullouts in it.
Here are dimensions.
The pantry is 23 inches deep.
The top unit is 34 7/8" tall
The bottom unit is 48 5/8" tall
Width-- inside is 10 3/4", but when you factor in the door/hinge, there is 10 3/8" that will clear the door when pulled out. So a 10" pullout of some sort will work.

I'd like to find a relatively inexpensive way for them to have pullouts on the shelves. I've looked at options, and other than spending close to $1000 on a rev-a-shelf option to convert the entire pantry to a pullout system, I'm scratching my head. I know there must some inexpensive options out there!

Ideas???? Thanks in advance!
 photo IMG_1511_zpsb229af55.jpg
 photo IMG_1512_zps26945dfa.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for pullouts for narrow pantry???

The lower section is easily converted to roll-outs by a cabinet shop.
I'd leave the top alone.

o

You could get pull-outs for some of the shelves and for the rest, I would see what type of containers you can purchase that fit the space. That way, you can label the container and pull the whole thing out when you need something.

o

You can buy the pull out units for the bottom for about $500 from places like cabinetparts.com. There are a few places I saw them when I was looking, this site is just the one I saw first today checking prices.

By the time you factor in the time and frustration of piecing together another solution, it may be worth it!

o

I highly recommend the Lee Valley pullouts! Their customer service is second to none. When I ordered mine, one of the pullouts/slider bars stuck, and they sent two new ones immediately in the mail. They have various sizes. The medium one would work for your bottom cupboard. You could even fit the small into your top cupboard, and leave one or two shelves in there. (I just put light things like crackers, cereal in my upper pullouts in my pantry).

Here is a link that might be useful: medium pullout

o

My friend is planning to use these. She has not ordered them yet, but this was the best deal for her needs. Costco has similar ones online also.
http://www.shelvesthatslide.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=STS&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=SS&Product_Code=PPP5

o

Costo website
http://www.costco.com/Made-to-Fit-Slide-out-Shelves-For-Existing-Cabinets-By-Slide-A-Shelf%09.product.11262818.html

o

Most cabinet shops can make drawer boxes or pull outs for you. I used Accuride full extension drawer guides on mine.

o

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Great ideas!

o

What about joining the two doors together in the middle and putting in a rev-a-shelf style pullout from bottom to top? Or, two separate pullouts if they don't like the idea of attaching the doors to each other?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev-a-shelf pull-out pantry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here