Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this standard?

Posted by bcafe (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 18:43

My cabinets are installed, the trim and light rail are in. However, they did not fill the nail holes. My KD/cab salesperson said that was up to me. Really? 16k on cabinets and I need to fill nail holes? I am just wondering if that is SOP.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this standard?

No it's not standard! I would screaming bloody murder if I spent 16 grand on cabinets and they didn't fill -- or cover -- the nail/screw holes.

In our case they covered the screw holes with the colored dot things inside the cabinets, which was totally fine by me. I wouldn't expect them to fill and stain the holes, I just wouldn't want to see screw heads in my cabs after spending all that dough.

o

No way is that the responsibility of the owner. That is part of the install.

o

*spits water on monitor*

Tell that KD to get his/her can over there with the appropriate filler! Good LORD the nerve of some of these people.

Your responsibility? Yeesh.

o

Yes, it really rubs me the wrong way too. The hardware is not on yet and I have not paid the remainder of the balance (30%) so we will have a little chat today during templating.

o

Absolutely not standard, anyewhere.

o

16,000 and you do the work? Are they nuts?

o

Tell your KD-installer to buy some nail plugs on the way over and have her install them. Definitely not your job.

o

Sorry. I'm new here and have never done a kitchen remodel. Can someone explain what nail holes deserve to be filled?

o

There was a very similar thread posted either earlier this year or late last year--maybe you have the same KD/Cabinet guy as that other unlucky GWer!! Check for nails/screws that protrude through the cabinet sides as well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here