Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sneak Peak - Rift Sawn Oak Cabinets

Posted by LoPay (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 18:33

Hard to believe has only been three weeks since demo day, and half of the cabinets are in.

Sneak peak of my slab rift swan oak cabinets. The wall brackets were fabricated by my contractor to hold walnut shelves like the one shown.

I'm only doing a tile backsplash behind the cook top. The paint color BM Wasabi.

Counter top gets templated this week, and two week wait for install.

I have been so blessed to have the input of this forum and good people working for DH and me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sneak Peak - Rift Sawn Oak Cabinets

beautiful. what's that in the middle of the floor?

o

The cabinets are set over the tile. The contractor put down rosin paper and some type of board to protect the floor.

Now do you see why pulls would be a crime? I might put one on the trash pull out. That is the front next to the DW opening. I saw some pewter pulls that looked like a twig.

o

Those cabinets are gorgeous! You're right about the pulls. Maybe those ones someone suggested that are the metal ledge set over the top of the door/drawer? I like the twiggy pulls, but not sure I'd like it there even for the trash.

o

Those cabinets are beautiful. I can see why you don't want pulls. Are you using touch latches or Servo-Drive to avoid pulls? What are you using for countertops?

o

I certainly agree that pulls would spoil the look a bit. But so will blemishes on the finish. So it's a tough call...

o

Here is how the shelves are built. They are like a slim box that the brackets will slot into.

I'm going to go with tab pulls after talking with my designer and contractor today. Cost and ease won out. I do want some type of beefy pull for the trash since it will get a lot of use, and I can hang a hand towl there.

The counter tops will be Silestone Yukon Blanco.

o

Love how the grain lines up! Great job.

o

Gorgeous!
Keep those pictures coming!

o

Yay for progress! Looks great!

o

Your cabinets are spectacular. I don't think that some streamlined finger pulls or tab pulls will detract too much from the beautiful wood. Can't wait to see your finished kitchen.

o

Oh they're gorgeous. When you do your final reveal please make sure "oak" is in the title. I thought I disliked oak cabinets. Boy was I wrong.

Please, please consider a servo drive for the trash cabinet and hang your towels somewhere else. Having a single pull in the kitchen, regardless of its beauty, may not look as you hope it will. With the drive, a push with your hand (or knee) opens the cabinet... very handy, if a bit pricey.

Here is a link that might be useful: Servo

o

Beautiful! The finger tab pulls are a great choice for these cabinets.

Can you show a close up of the wall brackets? Did your contractor put them in before the drywall or after?

Looking forward to more views of this lovely kitchen.

o

The brackets were mounted to the studs prior to the drywall going in.

o

good call on the finger pulls. I don't think you would be happen with the ruined finish just a few years down the road (like my mom's reno). Echoing the suggestion for a foot pedal or some other trash mechanism.

o

Beautiful wood! Can't wait to see more pics.

o

Wow. Those are gorgeous! Go for the ServoDrive. No pulls necessary and think of the fun you could have dancing around your beautiful kitchen!

o

Wow those are gorgeous cabinets! I keep scrolling back up to look at the top picture. So pretty!

o

So pretty!

o

That oak is beautiful! I love the grain. It has both a modern and a timeless appeal.

o

gorgeous! i think the finger pulls will look great with your cabs.

o

Lopay, I love your rift sawn oak. Absolutely gorgeous.

o

Shameless thread bump ;>

Day two with the uppers and MW cabinet.

o

Oh. My. Gosh. Those are fantastic! Can't wait to see the rest!

o

No shameless plug bump with those awesome cabinets!
Keep the pictures coming!

o

Those are gorgeous! Please
Share the details :)

o

I'm in the open shelving camp, and so love where yours will be placed. Can't wait to see the final results.

o

Absolutely gorgeous cabinetry!!! I think those are some of the most beautiful cabinets I have ever seen! I made my DH look at the pictures and he was impressed as well:)

o

Here is our next project rendering. Rift white oak/horizontal grain/espresso.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here