Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
O/T- dd is contributing $ to the kitchen...

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 18:32

My 6yo just handed me a quarter and said "It's for the kitchen". I asked what I was going to buy with it.
She said, "Some yellow stuff."

Oh my- they probably can't wait til this is over even more than me!

After the sheet rock and spackle she said, "Mom, you wanted a yellow kitchen, but they made it white".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: O/T- dd is contributing $ to the kitchen...

OMG, how cute :-) I'll bet you will be smiling all the way to the bank!!!

o

That's so adorable. I hope she'll help you pick out a special yellow something that she can point to with pride.

o

It's never too early for TKO! ;-D And, of course, for a loving heart that wants to pitch in.

I love it... "Some yellow stuff." You don't have enough? :-)

o

Better get her a username for GW. Sounds like she is going to be on here soon with her own issues....

Too cute.

o

bee- I think you're right. No workers today b/c we're waiting on cabinets now. Today after school she was having her snack and then asked what day it was. I told her Thursday and she said, "Hey, aren't the guys supposed to be here?"

o

Aren't they sweet when they want to help? Toward the end of our reno when we were stsrtitmg to go over budget, my then 5-yo DS told me he wanted to go to the bank. When I asked why, he replied that since everything is twice as expensive as it should be he wanted pay for something from his college money. I must have been talking about money too much. ;)

Cabs?!?!!! How exciting!

o

get ready...she sounds like my dd2. That child is the one who kept the schedule for the entire family....since she could talk. I'm not kidding. And directions. Friends who would watch her would test her and ask her how to get somewhere...she could direct them while they drove. She was LITTLE!!! So, get ready, this is only the beginning. (the pediatrician was always impressed that she had the right day undies on on the right day....remember those? Monday, Tuesday, .....)

So what are you getting with the quarter?

o

A big yellow gum ball ?

o

That is just too cute. TKO Jr-ette. Love it.

o

Love it! I hope you are taking pictures of the progress so we can all see. And you can have a scrape book for this sweet little TKO DD. It will be fun to reminisce about the project in years to come.

o

Fishes- love it!

o

Awwww......give her a big hug and a kiss for me, will you? Only don't tell her it's from me--that would be a little creepy.

o

Check out eBay.

o

She should have her own little yellow thing.
But then, she did want to contribute! :)
What a sweetheart.

o

She should have her own little yellow thing.
But then, she did want to contribute! :)
What a sweetheart.

o

Marcolo, that is a sweet gravy boat. It's got the yellow and the savory mushroom deco :) How come the other pictures are missing?

o

Don't know about the other pics. The site behaves oddly when it comes to pictures. They're all on eBay.

I just searched for yellow, and less than $.25, then selected "Home and Garden" or whatever that category is called.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here