Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammiecanada

My ceasarstone countertops finally in!

sammiecanada
13 years ago

I have waited so long to start the renovation process and finally out "reflection" quartz ceasarstone has been installed and the tiered peninsula...I am loving it!

Comments (16)

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

That is so pretty!! Congratulations.

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the sparkle. I wanted sparkle in my kitchen, but it didn't seem quite right in my transitional space. Do tell me about the tile...

• blondie859111
    13 years ago

Stunning! Enjoy it!

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

Very nice! I can't wait to see the finished project.

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

Looking good! I am anxious to see the whole space.

I am lovin' a little sparkle.

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Sammiecanada - The counters look soft and clean and lovely. Please tell me about the tile. Please post a progress photo when the BS is grouted etc - I have been toying with something like that but have not seen any good photos. I thought that stacked tiles might be too contemporary but with the slight color variation you have it might work. I would love to see it finished (impatiently wanting to see it before the whole kitchen is done!) Thanks :)

• pattyann1
    13 years ago

How wide is your top ledge? I am trying to decide and yours looks nice.

• ptyles
    13 years ago

The counters look beautiful. I also like that little sparkle, it adds a nice touch of pizazz!

• calypsochick
    13 years ago

It looks wonderful with your backsplash!

• sammiecanada
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! It's been a long process which was delayed a year for various reasons but finally the contractor started on Sept 7th. We are almost there.

sparklekitty & amysrq: The backsplash is called midi blanco 8x13 tile. I just couldn't find anything else I liked that went with the countertop.

pattyann1: the tiered top ledge of the peninsula is 11" wide. I wanted it tiered so it hides our working kitchen area when we are sitting at the table (we don't have a dining room so this way hides the mess).

This is a photo of the backsplash grouted:

• ebean
    13 years ago

i love it even more with all of the backsplash tiles in. i envy your sparkle!

• sammiecanada
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks ebean: The sparkle part is actually the recycled material used in it-that is what I love about it too! We put in pot lights and under counter lights which help make it sparkle even more. I had tried so many different backsplashes I thought I would go crazy-way too many choices out there.

My husband and son both wanted dark counter tops but I stuck to my guns-I had picked very dark cabinets and wanted light counter tops and am so glad I didn't let them change my mind.

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Thanks Sammie for the tile info - can you tell who manufactured it or where you purchased it? I tried to do some searching and could only find it on a website in the UK (won't be going there anytime soon to check that out.) Did you order a sample or found a board at a store. Sorry for the 20 questions but I need a manufacturer to find it locally.

• sammiecanada
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sparklekitty: We live in Vancouver, Canada and purchased it at a place called Fontile. the product code in our receipt shows as 11291051002 if that helps any? It's classified as a white plain gloss (has greys etc in it) Will try posting a close up photo of it but it's hard to take one.

• mimi72
    13 years ago

sammiecanada - I think the counters look great. I am glad to see photos of quartz reflections because I just had my counters templated for this color last Friday! But there aren't many kitchen photos using this out there. There are a few bathrooms and I was beginning to thing it was more suited to a bathroom. They are supposed to cut my Caesarstone today but I put it on hold because I was so nervous. I have light to medium maple cabinets and am worried that there won't be enough contrast with the white counters and that the white is not "warm" enough. However, I am actually getting rid of dark counters because I don't like them!

The tile I'm going to use is attached.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clay Squared to Infinity 2 x 8 Pistacio backsplash tile

• sammiecanada
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mim72: I love the reflections and have it in both our kitchen and bathroom. Do you still have it on hold or have you made your decision to go with it!?

I've included the link to all my photos if you want to poke through them and see the reflections in the bathroom too. Let me know what you decide.

Here is a link that might be useful: sammiecanada