Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wine stain on unsealed granite-help

Posted by ellendi (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 18:20

Long story short. Took a tour of a friends new apartment building. Nine units with what looks like Kasmir white or gray granite. I mentioned that it should be sealed. One tenent moved in and already stianed the granite with wine!
He is going to of course seal the remaining apartments that are not yet occupied.
But, what can he do with this one? Can a wine stain be removed from unsealed granite?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wine stain on unsealed granite-help

Have you tried asking at Stone Forums?

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Advice

o
RE: Wine stain on unsealed granite-help

After 9 years of babying my light colored granite (sealing 2x a year and quick wipe-ups of spill) I noticed a wierd stain next to one of my sinks!! I was planning on sealing it the following week. I had NO idea what it was but it was purplish and looked like writing. Devastated - I looked around on the internet and ordered two stain removers from Stone Care International (food and ink). While waiting for them to arrive, I figured out it was purple permanent marker from a bag left on the counter.

Tried the ink remover on a little spot (as advised) and it worked. Then tried it on the rest and stain is gone and granite looks perfect.

DEFINITELY recommend them. They are a powder that you mix with distilled water. About $22 each. Worth every penny to me.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here