Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
formerlymotherof3sons

Kitchen Drama

motherof3sons
11 years ago

Today I come home looking forward to seeing my beautiful custom cabinets near completion. They are gorgeous - a blend of antiqued cherry and a warm white paint. I am watching the cabinetmaker install the doors and he is having some degree of difficulty. I then hear, "These stiles don't match." At that point I realize none of the door stiles align on the uppers.

If ever there was a time for a drink, it was at that moment. Our wonderful and ever so even-tempered cabinet maker said, "Well, I guess I will just have to remake all the doors." All of them? Yup, all of them.

My frustration level is mounting because he assured us all cabinetry for the house would be completed in mid-May. Well, here it is approaching mid-October and we are now at least two weeks from completion. We are unable to get a mortgage because the house is not 100% complete. We have paid interest only on the construction loan because of the cabinets not being completed. The one salvation is he has agreed to pay "some" of the interest. I think the master bathroom cabinetry will be free.

If you read this entire post, thank you for letting me vent.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES