Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ck_squared

Sneak peek of contemporary walnut kitchen

ck_squared
10 years ago

Have had a hectic week. Was kicked out of the house on Wednesday morning so they could do the floors. Just got back tonight to all of my cabinets finally unboxed (they've been in the garage for a month!) and covering the family room floor. Walnut cabinets with a twist on Shaker styling. Next week, we should finally get an idea of what it all will look like. Can't wait and wanted to share a peek of it with all of you.

Thanks for all of your help over the last year! Though I haven't posted a ton, I have learned a ton and appreciate everyone here.

Comments (24)

• romy718
    10 years ago

That wood is gorgeous!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Drool!

• cluelessincolorado
    10 years ago

yummy

• kcorn
    10 years ago

LOVE those cabinets. Are you willing to share the brand and finish?

• Lisa
    10 years ago

Those cabinets are GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see as it progresses.

• magsnj
    10 years ago

Wow......your kitchen has ALOT to live up to after seeing those. Good luck meeting all of our expectations. ;)

• ck_squared
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to share more. :)

spartan99 - the cabinets are from Plato Woodwork and they have a Mocha Lite stain.

magsnj - I hope I CAN live up to your expectations!

• katy-lou
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!

• tea4all
    10 years ago

I will echo Gorgeous!!

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

WOW!

• LoPay
    10 years ago

How exciting. Walnut is so beautiful.

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

Can't wait to see your finished kitchen!!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Beautiful!! Love the walnut and the door style.
    When do the cabs jump on to the walls?

• deedles
    10 years ago

Man, those are beautiful! Plato does gorgeous cabinets... can't wait to see the end result!

• Caya26
    10 years ago

Gorgeous - love that colour. Please post a final reveal.

• Linda
    10 years ago

Wow! Can't wait to see the finished product!

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

that walnut looks amazing! the doorstyle is so unique!

• ck_squared
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Since this popped to the top, thanks again, everyone.
    Most of the cabinets have "jumped to the walls" and counter measure is happening tomorrow.

Don't worry, I will be happy to post a final reveal at some point. :)

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

Wow, those are some gorgeous cabinets! I love walnut and it's wonderful to see people using it in kitchens. And what a unique twist on a shaker cabinet. I'm excited to see your kitchen progress.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Oh please don't tease us for too long! The little sneak peek makes me want to stop right here at the 85% done mark and start over.

• Sunshyne
    2 years ago

@ck_squared would you mind sharing a picture? I know it's a while ago but I'm looking at a walnut kitchen from Plato and would love to see yours! It looks like you have a horizontal grain too and I'm REALLY interested in seeing that in a real house! Thanks!

• ck_squared
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Andrea I dug through my photos and found this one which is a pretty good representation of what it looks like now (though pic is from 2013). We actually don't have horizontal grain except on those long drawer fronts which you see in the first photo up above. We've been very happy with our Plato cabinets and they have held up very well.

We also redid our bathroom with Plato cabinets. They have vertical graining all in line and I've also included a photo of that.

Hth!

• kculbers
    2 years ago

Walnut is one of wood faves❣️Lovely❣️