Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cassieanne3_gw

I have a picture of the Cafe Brown Silgranit!

cassieanne3
15 years ago

I know some of you have been wanting a real life picture of this sink, so here it is. It arrived today in perfect condition all the way to Alaska!

It won't be installed for quite a while yet, but I will post a photo once it is. I have decided to go with oil rubbed bronze for my faucet. I hope they look nice together. I don't have the faucet yet.

Comments (24)

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

WOW... that really is a beautiful color. I can't wait to see it installed! What kind/color stone are you pairing it with?

• kulagal
    15 years ago

Cassieanne3: I love it! This is the sink and color I will eventually get. I can't wait to see what your ORB faucet will look like with it. I am also considering the same finish on my faucet. For countertops we will be using Silestone Sienna Ridge. Who did you order from? Mine has to go all the way to Hawaii! Thanks for showing it off.

• cassieanne3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

remodelfla...I am not completely sure about what countertop I will have yet. I am thinking probably something light colored. I will have an engineered quartz product on the perimeter cabinets where the sink will be...possibly Caesarstone Jerusalem sand color.
    The island will be granite, also not sure about color, but I want something with a lot of movement for the island.

kulagal...I ordered from faucetdepot.com Shipping to AK was only about $49.00 which I thought was a great rate compared to many other sites. I am sure you have a lot of hassle with most things shipping to Hawaii also. It got to me in 3 days.

• kulagal
    15 years ago

Thanks Cassieanne. Good to know. I know it arrived safely and in good shape, but were you impressed with how they packed the box, especially around the corners where it seems to be more fragile after reading others experiences with cracked sinks? Did you feel you got a fair price for the sink? Any comparison shopping? Yes, I anticipate alot of hassle when the time comes to order stuff. Alaska and Hawaii always seem to have hassles and exceptions when shipping. And, I was one of the many who wanted to see the sink so thanks again!

• cassieanne3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kulagal,
    I am a prolific price comparison girl. :)
    I spent hours online looking for the best price for this sink with s/h cost as a major factor in my choice of store to buy from.
    The sink was packaged great. It was in a huge box and surrounded by large air pillow cushions. I opened that box took out the air pillows, and it was then packed in its own slightly smaller box inside. The inside box was 2 layers of foam. One layer was the spray kind that conforms exactly to the shape of the sink. Very well done.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Oh man. If that had been out when we started our remodel I'd probably have a very different kitchen. That's PURTY.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

That is just beautiful! Would go great with my Yellow River granite. If you find it missing......LOL--congrats. It is going to be gorgeous.

Excuse the marks on the granite from the templating.

• cassieanne3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mustbnuts...thanks so much you just gave me a great suggestion for my kitchen island! Your granite is beautiful.

• charlikin
    15 years ago

That's gorgeous! Is the color rendition coming out correctly in the photo? My KD had shown me a chip of cafe brown and it had looked quite a bit darker... Yours doesn't look dark at all - it's stunning!

• cassieanne3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay,
    I took the previous first photo during the daytime light. I also used my flash on my camera. It looks amazingly different now in the dark of the morning with no flash. It looks like photos of 2 different sinks, but it is the same one.
    Here are both photos for a sidy by side comparison. I do have to say it is much closer to the darker color. I didn't even realize how much the color had lightened up with the flash. I put the sink back in the box, so the little white spots are just styrofoam.
    I still think it is a beautiful color. I absolutely can't wait to have it in use in my new kitchen.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    15 years ago

What a beautiful sink! The metallic gray Silgranit also looks like two different sinks depending on using flash or not. I love the cafe brown in both colors!!!

-Babka

• shannonplus2
    15 years ago

That's interesting, cause when I saw your first pic, I felt disappointed cause I'd imagined the Cafe Brown to be darker. Your 2nd pic is exactly how I'd pictured it, and I absolutely love it.

• trose27
    15 years ago

I'm new here, but your post caught my eye. I just had the Cafe Brown Silgranit sink installed 2 days ago! We had a smaller version installed in our Butler's Pantry too. The faucets we chose are by Newport Brass in English Bronze.
    I have pictures but I can't figure out how to include them in my post?? Help please:-)and thanks!

• cassieanne3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I would love to see your sinks and faucet together. Here is a link from this forum that has a bunch of info on how to post pictures. I had to visit it before I posted mine also.

Here is a link that might be useful: how to post photo

• trose27
    15 years ago

Cassieanne,

I found that post and I think I have it figured out!
    {{!gwi}}

This is the bar sink.
    {{!gwi}}

I just finished rubbing both sinks with mineral oil. I read it on another forum. It helps to remove any white spots left after water dries on them. I did it after the pics though.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Those look great, trose. When you going to post pics of the rest of your kitchen? That's a very cool-looking backsplash.

Yanno, I love or silgranit sink (we have the metallic gray) in the kitchen. While I've not seen any sinks labeled for bathroom, I'm thinking one of the bar or prep sinks just might work there. That is, if we ever get to that project.

• trose27
    15 years ago

Pbrisjar, Thanks! The kitchen is still a work in progress, but almost done. I can't wait! As soon as it is, I will post more pics. The backsplash just got finished today. Do you have any trouble with cleaning your sink? Like water spots, or scratches? Have you tried the mineral oil, or something better, to shine it? I am learning.

I don't see why you couldn't use the silgranit in the bathroom? Unless keeping it clean would be a challenge? We have 3 bathrooms to redo - someday:-)

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

I've had no problems cleaning my sink and I'm a very lazy house keeper / dishwasher. I've had dirty dishes sitting in the sink for a couple of days and nothing has stained or scratched it. Only thing I ever do do clean is take a plastic scrubbie and some all-purpose cleaner or just plain dish soap to it. No issues with water spots as we have softened/conditioned/purified water but I don't think they'd show on the metallic gray.

The ease of cleaning / maintenance is precisely why I want the silgranit for the bathrooms.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

I still think it is gorgeous--with and without flash. I am so sorry I didn't go with my gut and get the silgranite in black for my kitchen. It is going to be stunning. I still think it goes with my Yellow River. Thanks for the compliment on my stone. I love that too!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

That is a gorgeous sink! I have the anthracite siligranite and am not looking to buy a new sink but I was dissappointed by that first picture, too. I like the darker color much better. The flash can make the anthracite look much lighter sometimes, too.

trose, what color are your flanges/drains in your sinks? Are they ORB? Where did you get them? I bought an ORB flange off ebay and now it's all chipped. Actually it was looking so bad that I took a magic eraser and scrubbed off the rest of the finish, now it's a shiny brushed copper, funny cuz I originally wanted copper drains. I still want to replace it though because it's still a bit spotty.

I heard that Blanco actually makes flanges to match their sinks, has anyone installed one yet and where did you purchase it from?

TIA,
    Robin

• teddas
    15 years ago

Thank you for posting, I will now have that as a serious contender for my kitchen sink!!

Can you post the purchase site?
    thanks

• cassieanne3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

trose27...Both your kitchen sinks look so great! Now I am super excited to see my faucet and look at it with my sink sidy-by-side. I also would be interested in where you got your sink flanges/strainers. I still need to purchase for mine.
    teddas...I purchased my sink at faucetdepot.com
    Great service in my experience with them.

• trose27
    15 years ago

Thanks all! I am really happy with my sinks. I purchased sinks, faucets, and flanges/strainers from a local plumbing supply store. The faucets are by Newport Brass in English Bronze, and the flanges/strainers are Brasstech, which is a division of Newport Brass, also in the English Bronze color. You can find them online if you search Newport Brass faucets. I have a warning though on the flange: quite by accident, some dish soap sat on the flange and dried, full strength, and removed the finish right off! I am waiting to hear if they will replace it. Fine print actually says not to use detergent, which I find funny, since it is being used in a kitchen sink!!

• jakkom
    15 years ago

Wow, that's quite a difference between the two pix! I actually liked the lighter, taupe-y color, but they are both beautiful and I'm sure will be absolutely gorgeous once in!

For those who are really into color matching, Swanstone offers their Swanstone solid-surface sinks in all 30 colors, including a beautiful dark green called 'Green Pasture' and a wonderful warm medium beige called 'Barley'. I've owned the 33x22 single in Tahiti Ivory since 2003 and LOVE it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swanstone sinks

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations