Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Day 9...I can cook!!

Posted by ali80ca (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 18:13

Today was exciting, most lights got installed. A few don't have shades on them as I have to find a replacement part for the one and the other will get in the way of trim work. Wall oven and microwave are installed, banquette construction is done, knobs are on the uppers and bookcase area. All I can say is...it is so pretty!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Day 9...I can cook!!

knobs on bookcase area :)

o

Your kitchen is looking amazing! Love your colors and those lights are great.

o

Thanks lovestowalk!

o

This is such a grand space in the making! Every time I see new photos, I appreciate more your design and colors coming together. A peak around the corner of your new wall oven rests a space yet to be in full reveal. But yes, finally an oven. March is a long time ago so I bet you are happy tonight!

o

I love how your kitchen is turning out! I also love your blue island. I am still trying to decide on the color of our island and was thinking of a gray/blue color since our kitchen will be white. You've really given me a good idea of how it will look. Thank you!

o

Love the height of the room! The bookcase area is fabulous.

o

Coming along beautifully! Also love the bookcase and those lights are wonderful.... who is the maker of those lights?

o

Sparkling...fortunately I have not been without an oven since March, but it was sitting in the middle of a construction zone for so long that it wasn't fun to use it. The new ones will be fun to figure out!

Thanks Robyn and oldbat! Oldbat, I am looking forward to all the storage I can have in that bookcase area. My kids are all grown, but I haven't parted with all the children's books we have. I have a feeling the lower part will be filled with kids books so they are accessible when we have youngsters (and grandchildren in the future) come visit.

Deedles, they are made by landmark lighting, part of the chadwick collection. They seem to be very well made and are absolutely beautiful. I first saw them in someone's reveal here, but can't recall whose. I ordered them the next day!! GW is great!

o

Wow! Everything is really moving along! It looks great!

o

Thanks heidi. I think I can safely say I love it...lol

o

Ali, I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! you must be so pleased. I think the blue is glorious, your lights are fabulous, and oh how I envy your beautiful bookcase!

I can't wait to see the final reveal!!!

o

aww holly...thanks so much. I think your kitchen is pretty fabulous also!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here