Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemarynj_gw

Kitchen Island Help!

rosemarynj
10 years ago

We are redoing our kitchen by taking down two walls to make an open look into dining room and living room. I had done the kitchen 5 years ago with light maple cabinets. We are adding an island now and putting in new Casaerstone quartz top for counters and island top. My contractor says my cabinets are discontinued but he did find enough for the island. The top cabinets in my kitchen had rounded arch indents on top and bottom cabinets are rectangles. He sent me rounded arch cabinet doors for island. I told him I thought the cabinets in the island should match the bottom cabinets and be squared off. What do you think? I think it will look strange to see those arches on the bottom of island which will have counter ht. chairs around it. I suggested that he put in cherry wood cabinet as the island as it will go with my living room furniture which it opens to and then maybe he can get the squared off ones in cherry. Am I being unreasonable about the arch cabinets on the bottom? Do you think maple cabinets and cherry island will look OK? I have seen where they mix island woods with cabinets.Help!

Comments (2)