Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another "Where to End the Backsplash" Dilemma

Posted by gracefullyaged (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 19, 13 at 18:08

Please advise... Not sure if I should:

1. End the backsplash where the cabinet ends on the right. Will it look lopsided because, to the left, it will be wrapping around the wall into the window?

2. End it at the outside corner of the wall on the right?

3. Wrap around the outside corner on the right the length of one tile or so? Cannot go to the edge of the peninsula counter due to the double outlets there.
 photo P1010413_zps38a0dfe2.jpg
 photo P1010406_zpse6b4f624.jpg
 photo P1010414_zps83195ba1.jpg

photo P1010400_zps5d4cac8e.jpg

Additional info:
- The backsplash will be Horus Art Tiffany Crackle in Caramel -- a very close match to the cabinet color. I am heeding Jackuvall's advice from another thread that you rarely get in trouble with understatement. I ordered plenty of bullnose for wherever the BS ends.
- We are losing the red wall color. May go with PPG Stonehenge Greige or Sweet Annie, but that's still up in the air (feel free to advise there as well).
- The outlet and switch under the cabinets will be capped off and covered by the BS.

Thank you for your counsel!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another "Where to End the Backsplash" Dilemma

In this case, I'd end it at the wall's edge. I just think with it continuing all around on the other side, it would look more balanced it it went to the wall's edge on the right.

I'd definitely NOT wrap it around.

o

I agree...go to the end of the wall but don't wrap around.

o

1. I would NOT end it where the upper cabinet ends. Defintely has to go to the end of the wall from the first pictures view. I'd probably also do it all about an inch above the bottom of the upper cabinets.

Options 2 or 3 are the tough one. Part of me says wrap it around but the light switch definitely causes a littl of an issue where to stop it. My vote, based on this pic I found, is not to wrap it around. I really don't like the way it looks here:

o

Found this...they stopped it instead of wrapping it around the corner (near the tv in the pic) even though the countertop was deeper than the wall (like yours) and I like the look of this better:

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here