Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
walterjar

Problem with refrigerator

walterjar
11 years ago

I have a silly question. Yesterday my side by side refrigerator went bad. Both compartments are warm. I have checked that both fans are working. I have checked the compressor for continuity between connectors, there were no problem. I have checked compressor for ground, it was ok too.

So now is my problem, after I have plugged refrigerator to outlet. I can hear two fans and the compressor is making spinning noise for about a minute. Then it is very quiet and make very small vibration. It never get hot or even warmer than room temperature. The two lines that comes and goes from compressor don't change the temperature even after few hours when both fans were working all the time. My guts feeling was that start overload unit was basted (there is no rattle sound when shaking the starter) but I am not sure anymore. Any ideas why compressor don't warm up over the time. Is it normal it this refrigerator model? What is the simple test if compressor is running? Any ideas what I could check before buying new starter/overload unit?

Thanks for your help.

Walter

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia