Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cambria Countertops - Looking for a modern edge and corners

Posted by berardmr (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 18:05

My kitchen countertops were templated today. I have not picked my edge yet, but would love some recommendations on a clean, modern edge.

Another thing I hadn't thought about was the corners. For the "corner" turns in the counter, I was told that I wanted the soft, radius corners. After the templater left, I thought that maybe there's a cleaner look out there?

I don't think that softly rounded corners gives a contemporary look so, as with most everything in this remodel, I'm asking all of you for a recommendation.

Oh, I also have a farm sink, need some direction on how those edges and corners s/b finished too.

I'm open to suggestions and will need to make a decision early next week. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cambria Countertops - Looking for a modern edge and corners

Let me clarify. I think I've decided on an eased edge. But do I have a choice on what type of raduis I want on the counters? If so, what is the best contemporary choice? Thanks again.

o

You don't want anything tighter than about a 1/2" radius or your counter can crack from the stress. That's still pretty "square" looking to most people.

o

We've got 1/2" radius with eased edge, and I like it very much. I was going for clean lines, traditional finishes with my reno. I believe this edge would look nice in a modern kitchen as well, but I'm biased!

halfinchradius
(Cambria Buckingham quartz)

o

That's it! That's exactly what I want. Thanks, fouramblues!

o

Welcome! :)

o

I also got eased edge on my Cambria and my guy brought a radius template and I got to choose my radius at each corner (I had a funny end where a wall didn't allow conventional overhang so it was a little shorter and we tweaked the radius there to get a good look which is why I wasn't picking the same radius all over).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here