Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsdindinbaby

Kohler Karben faucet

Does anyone have the Kohler Karben kitchen faucet? Love it? Hate it? Worth the splurge?

Comments (15)

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

I don't have one but saw old bat's in action. It was quite impressive. I think DH would like it better than our Waterstone as he has a bad back and he wouldn't need to lean over.

• lala girl
    9 years ago

I've had it for about 3 years and LOVE it. Serious true love (we have a pair on the larger Stages sink) Just today I was using it to clean out a large awkward cooler and thought to myself "I will never own another faucet, ever." If you Google "Gardeweb kohler karbon" you'll see tons of past posts -

• plllog
    9 years ago

Love it. I have mine on my prep sink which is part small bowl and part trough, so the Karbon does a great job of being where I want it. It's a little too powerful for the size of the sink, but there are worse problems in the world. :)

A $25 faucet would put water in your sink, and even if you have to replace it every year, it would take the life of your kitchen and then some to pay off the Karbon. You are the only one who can say whether it's worth it.

One of my favorite tricks, however, is to turn the Karbon into a drying rack. If I have a silpat or something similar that's wet on both sides and no drainer room to lay it out, I'll flatten the top bar of the Karbon and drape it across. :) Not every faucet can do that...

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Love our little honey:

Good trick plllog! Hi a2!! Always glad to see your name pop up.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

Love mine! Have on both sinks. (About 6 months now) I was only going to get one, but knew I would only use the sink with it if I did, so got two.

• leealison
    9 years ago

My DH saw this faucet and loved it! I like it too but am worried about the style in my traditional/transitional kitchen. We will be using 2 faucets at a 4' Galley Sink. For those who have it, what style is you kitchen?

• muskokascp
    9 years ago

Have one and seriously love it too. Favorite faucet hands down. Worth every splurge dollar!

• juno_barks
    9 years ago

The karbon is the sexiest faucet out there, and it would look amazing in our modern kitchen. Sadly it was out of our budget. Serious envy here, and love that photo, oldbat2b!

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

I dont know what style you'd call my kitchen, but here are my Karbons, one hidden partially behind flowers, but you get the idea. I consider it pretty traditional, a little industrial with the lights and my stools (not in the picture), modern with the faucets, elegant with the herringbone BS and hardware, country with the farmhouse sink and Lacanche, clearly, I did NOT have a designer! But I love it!

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

Like OOTM Mom, I have a mix of styles and materials, maybe transitional? I love my Karbon and have not regretted the spurge one second.

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

I had read somewhere--and now I can't find it--that the Kohler Karbon tends to get an unusual amount of water splashing behind the faucet? Maybe by the handle? Someone said they liked the faucet except for that. Does anyone have any more feedback on that?

• plllog
    9 years ago

Splashing? I get splashing from too good a faucet in too small a sink which was meant to have a smaller faucet, but there shouldn't be any free water that didn't bounce out of the sink. That would be an installation issue. Or bad aim with the spout.

Leealison, if your design can support The Galley and two faucets, it can take the Karbon. It doesn't have to look hotrod. In a more traditional setting, it just looks functional. The Galley, with its levels and bowls and troughs and boards is much more distinctive--and that will be fine too. The only designs which are too traditional to hold them are the ones using old (refurbished) or retro appliances. As long as the faucet looks right with the oven and fridge, you're fine.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

I was definitely worried about using it on an apron front sink, stylewise. I dont regret it at all. As for splashing, I do notice splashing in my prep sink, which is 15" wide and 18" deep. I dont notice it at all in my large sink, so I think it is a function of sink size, not the faucet.

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

The only time mine splashes is with sloppy aim bouncing off a pot, or when I use the spray function like this, but it's minimal and not behind the faucet. My Karbon works great with my 45" Stages. It reaches every corner fine.

• leealison
    9 years ago

OOTM - Thanks for the photo. Your kitchen looks great as does the faucet!
    plllog - Your opinion makes me feel better. I know the Galley sink will make a bit of a statement so I should probably just go for it and get the Karbon too.
    bbtrix - I have seen you sink, faucet and island on another thread. Beautiful! My kitchen will be similar to yours except the part of my island with sink will be quartzite and and the seating area at the end will be wood.