Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berardmr_gw

First photo of my new kitchen!

berardmr
11 years ago

well, it's been a journey - one issue after another. But my kitchen is 95% finished. The sconces were just hung today and my husband took this photo with his smart phone just minutes ago.

I just had to share with everyone. More photos and details to come soon. Thanks to everyone who held my hand along the way when the going was rough.

The tile is the heartthrob of my kitchen and is so more beautiful in person. It glows without getting too showy and has a real depth to it. It stops me in my tracks every time I walk into the room. Form Italy, pricy but so worth it.

So...as Barry Manilow would say "Looks like we made it!"

Comments (48)

• gaonmymind
    11 years ago

Beautiful backsplash! I had to double take because at first I thought that window was an aquarium.

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

WOW - WOW - WOW....STUNNING!!! You need to share moe...and quick. It is beautiful. Yes, you certainly "made it."

• cardamon
    11 years ago

Wow, beautiful and different window. The tile is really nice and I am looking forward to more pictures. Hope you post some more. Thanks for the first one.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Wow wow wow.... More pix please !

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I love the window and the tile!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Wow! That is really gorgeous! I remember back when you first showed off that window and were asking for pictures of sconces in kitchens. I think you out did every one of the photos you saw! That tile is just perfect and so rich and I LOVE how you took it to the ceiling!!! I can't wait to see more pictures! Love the sconces too. Really, really beautiful!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Another wow! I thought it was an aquarium too. What a spectacular window, and a nice view too.

• berardmr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone. Here's another photo of same wall with true colors. You all need to come over for a glass of wine because photos can't capture the beauty of the tile. Thanks to resource_queen for sharing it with me.

• User
    11 years ago

I remember the window and the sconce discussion . You are right I don't know how you will get anything done in that kitchen..you will be forever looking at the view. Lovely. c

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Wow, it looks fantastic! That tile certainly is something special.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

SHAZAM!!!!

It's Gorgeous!!!

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

This is so original and exceptional and gorgeous. Please show the rest.

• rosie
    11 years ago

That is beautifully done, Berardmr. I don't know which is nicer, though--your kitchen or your delight in it. :)

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

STUNNING tile wall! Ba-zinga!!!!!!'

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Wow, that is gorgeous, especially with the lighting. Love the shape of the window with the tile.

• ladeeda
    11 years ago

Just beautiful!
    Your excitement is priceless. Enjoy.

• rhome410
    11 years ago

SO elegant!!! Looking forward to seeing the rest.

• momto3kiddos
    11 years ago

Ok... You have to share the name/source of that tile. It is now officially on my wish list. Beautiful job!

• sofla
    11 years ago

takes my breath away.

• jgopp
    11 years ago

fantastic window. Love the tile surround too.

• ksquires
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Looks so elegant! Congrats

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

berardmr: speechless beyond words.
    your work is stunning!!!!
    it was definitely worth all the planning, blood, sweat, and tears. you have so many wonderful memories to build now.
    Congratulations !!!
    I will look forward to more pics!!

• wags848
    11 years ago

Lovely! So unique! Bravo!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Zowie!! I agree, we all have to come over for some vino to enjoy that exquisite tile and view! A true work of art!!!
    Can't wait to see more pictures!!

• jlb1003
    11 years ago

Love it, it is beautiful! Can you please list out what your lights are an your tile? Congrats on a beautiful kitchen and yard view.

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

Whoa!! Gorgeousness! Absolutely took my breath away!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous! Let us know when we need to help with the magazine staging for your kitchen, lol. But seriously, it's magazine-worthy for sure.

Love it all. Sconces look great on the tile wall. Love the arched window (hmmm, giving me an idea..)

Does that window open or is it fixed?

Just lovely!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

That is some seriously beautiful tile! And your window isn't too shabby either! And then there those awesome lights. You certainly have great taste. Can't wait to see the rest of your kitchen.

• Linda
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Show us and tell us more! I can see why you're in love.

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

It's beautiful!
    Love the window and the tile - can you share what the tile is?
    Thanks!!

• barbcollins
    11 years ago

Wow. Ok I just saved your picture to my "Dream Home Inspiration" Folder :)

• eieio-5
    11 years ago

Wow! I can't wait to see more pics!

• michelle16
    11 years ago

talk about a focal point! It's stunning, at first I thought it was from a magazine, and you were going to say just kidding, this is from_ - it's so amazing! What is the tile name? You have convinced me to tile all the way up, it is so nice with the sconces on it! great job!

• caminnc
    11 years ago

Lord honey, that is beautiful! What a view and so well done.

Just don't let the boys play baseball in the backyard.

• mjher1
    11 years ago

That tile REALLY sets the window off well. It's gorgeous!

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I would be happy to come do your dishes.

• berardmr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again for the nice comments. We're getting ready for the BIG storm, but I wanted to respond to those who asked about my tile.

It is Vetro Bianco Lux from Casamood. When I first ordered a sample, I didn't like it and threw it away. But my mind quickly changed when I saw a photo of it installed in a kitchen.

Be safe, everyone!

• taggie
    11 years ago

Wow! Absolutely stunning!!

• Yvonne B
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the view, the tile, the window - everything.

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, amazing, take-my-breath away tile and window. Congrats and be safe!!

• camphappy
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm heading over - and bringing the wine. :)

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

It's lovely. So different and elegant. I really love the tile from Italy, it's gorgeous. Your faucet is just like mine, I really do like it. It feels solid and the shape of the spray handle is nice. Love your cabinet color, sink and counter top. Great job!

• twingle
    11 years ago

Gorgeous room! Can I ask a few newbie ?? How did you order the tile? Is the tile a mother of pearl subway tile? It looks like it shimmers. Beautiful.

• colorfast
    11 years ago

Wow! That is a beautiful wall.

This place is better than a home-dec magazine....

• mjocean
    11 years ago

Well done! I love the shape of your window. Please tell us the name of your stunningly beautiful tiles.

• rovo
    11 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen such gorgeous tile! And that incredible view! I can just imagine standing there, enjoying a cup of coffee and watching the sun rise. Congratulations, it's lovely.

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

It's gorgeous! Please post additional pictures, I would love to see more of your lovely kitchen. Also, details details, details! Love it!