Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Have Waterstone Oil Rubbed Bronze

Posted by debbienp7 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 17:59

We are considering Waterstone oil rubbed bronze faucets. I'm worried about them being a living finish though. Does anyone have a Waterstone faucet in oil rubbed bronze. How is the finish holding up? Can you post any photos?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Have Waterstone Oil Rubbed Bronze

I have two. I have the PLP 5500 traditional in ORB at my main sink along with a hot/cold filtration and a Hampton kitchen faucet at the prep sink. I also have a side spray at the prep and soap dispensers at both.

I've only been using the kitchen since June so I can't speak to how the finish holds up over the long term. The finish is very dark, almost black, and very rich looking. The black finish will eventually start to wear through to bronze where it is handled repeatedly. I haven't seen any sign of that happening yet. I'm looking forward to that happening. lol

Here are a couple of photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Thank you so much for replying and posting photos! I love your kitchen! So it will wear through to bronze, not to brass? I wouldn't mind it wearing through to a bronze finish, but brass I would not like. Our front door handle, the black has worn through to a bright brass and I don't like it. The other finish I am considering is the Venetian Bronze as that is not a living finish. I need to decide quickly though as we will already be using our old faucet until the Waterstones come in. And our prep sink won't have a faucet at all until the faucets come in!

o

Maybe you could write to Waterstone and ask if they have some photos of their ORB that has worn through. I called them back when I had some questions about using a water chiller with one of their faucets and found them very helpful and responsive. It's a small company and I bet they'd happy to answer your questions.

o

That's a great idea! I will contact them today!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here