Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd Pass at Layout: Feedback Req.

Posted by drybean (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 17:45

I'm getting warmer, I think. I hope so, as all I've been thinking about is my kitchen, morning, noon and night!

Anyway. I've incorporated some of the great feedback I got last time.
I widened the doorway to dining area/living room to make it feel more connected to that space.
Also eliminated the planned addition of a window, since the view out to the covered carport would be less than stellar. Instead will install a solatube for much-needed natural light.

The area to the left in the hearth room function as a second living area. Chairs or a small loveseat in front of the fireplace, maybe a tv in there as well. That door is the only access to backyard/pool, so it sees a fair amount of traffic.

Pantry will be something in this vein:

Fridge bank has a dog feeding station, which I'm pretty jazzed about. The cab next to it will be switched out for drawers, I'm not sure why the KD put a shelf cab there.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd Pass at Layout: Feedback Req.

Oh,progress-the wall is out!! Make the island squarish and bigger-you can expand it to the right..there's a lot of floorspace between dining and coming through to kitchen.I'd do a deep single bowl sink instead of the double sink...on range/pantry side do a small prep sink- when you're cooking...using pantry...at range, you'll work off that side of island. The question would be swapping pantry with counter run next to fridge:must assume you looked at all the positions and you're good with these choices.So-increase the island size-it's a major player. Have you removed the hallway storage as well as the laundry zone?

o
RE: 2nd Pass at Layout: Feedback Req.

I also like herb's suggestions. When the island is deeper, you can take both of the 12" deep cabinets that face into the stools and "turn" the openings so they face into the aisles and become standard depth base cabinets.

I'd like to suggest that you ask separately for lighting recommendations. I'm guessing the lighting layout is just some kind of default positioning? What's drawn is a great way to light the floor but not so much for the counters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here