Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Restoration Hardware Utility Latches ?

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 17:34

I may order 5 before the sale ends today but am wondering if any of you have used them. They are about 1.5" wide and the ones from Rejuvenation are
1 7/8" wide. Just wondering if they are a good size?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Restoration Hardware Utility Latches ?

I just received my "small" utility latch from rejuvenation, and it seems small to me, but I haven't installed it yet.

From what I've read on past threads, the rejuvenation latch has a much smoother operation than the RH version.

o

Thanks laurajane-- Maybe the RH is too small then... and it's good to get the info that the rejuvenation may be smoother to use. Thanks!

o

It may depend on your style of doors. Mine are Ikea and "frameless" so I had to go with bigger latches for them to work. The only place I could find them affordable and the right size was Crown City Hardware.
Overall: 2 1/16" Height x 2 1/4" Width
Latch: 1 5/8" WIdth
Strike: 5/8" Width

From Almost finished Kitchen

From Almost finished Kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet Latches

o

Did you decide?

I just read through some old threads (for like the 100th time). I think Katieob used the small Rejuvenation latches, but jbrodie did for sure if you want to see some photos. Katieob did comment that she ordered the RH ones and returned them because she didn't like how they operate.

I also ordered some of the Cliffside brass icebox latches. I think their regular latches are good too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here