Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kyrenovation

New & confused

KYrenovation
11 years ago

Hi. I'm not sure where to start with the kitchen renovation process.

Do I start with a mood board? If so, I have made a crude board here:

http://db.tt/PFCrwtF2

I have a few concerns: my kitchen is opened to my foyer. This is painted in SW wool skein. The raised bar and open walkway lead into our family den with stone fireplace, reclaimed wood mantle, built in bookcases in SW contented and walls in SW wool skein. The kitchen also flows into the formal dining room which is painted in SW distance.

Will my cabinet color choice clash? I have thought of doing the cabinets in white, but feel it lacks personality. However I'm worried my kitchen won't connect to the surrounding rooms....but I think the floor (the sun washedbvintage oak along the bottom of the board) along with the reclaimed wood shelves ( also used on built in bookcases flanking fireplace) will connect the den and kitchen...am I off base?

I want soap stone or marble, but I think I may need to temporarily use laminate for a few years as I recover from the first floor renovation. Does the black grit work with my elements? My gc gets reduced prices on Formica and wilsonart. Is there any color you'd suggest that may work from those lines?

We will be using white appliances. I have questions about layout as well, but no graph paper handy at the moment so will need to post that later.

Any thoughts on the direction my kitchen may head? Please share your concerns and advice. Thank you in advance!

Comments (2)