Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash opinions please

Posted by sushraya (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 17:27

The kitchen has been "done" for several years. Kept putting off getting the backsplash in place. Finally getting around to it now and I know why we put it off - we couldn't make a decision the first time around :) There are so many many choices...so difficult to decide.

I think we have it narrowed down to two choices and I'd like your opinions.

Cabinets: Cherry Mandarin finish (reddish)
Granite: Was called Red Verona by the installers.

Choice 1: Edilcuoghi Rocks Gold tile - 4x4 tiles set on the diagonal. Will use the Rocks mosaic behind the stove - possibly put 4 of these 4x4 tiles together in a diamond or a square shape along with a border. Would also use 1x1 tiles at random places in the backsplash (where two tiles meet). Rough, stone like look and feel.

Choice 2: Subway 3x6 tiles all over the backsplash. Use Mirage glass tiles for the area behind the stove. Again, work in a simple pattern with a border using the glass tiles. Very glossy, shiny feel.

I'll try to upload both pictures so you can chime in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash opinions please

This is the picture of the second choice - subway tiles with Mirage Glass tiles behind the stove..

o

I think I prefer the first option. I know it's hard to capture the colors, but I think if possible(not trying to drive you too crazy:) I prefer the color of the subway tiles but everything else in the first option I do prefer.
Quite lovely!

o

I agree with sheilaaus. I like the color of the subways the the mosaics from the first picture.

o

I prefer the rich colors of option 2. The other choice is too light.

o

If that's your granite in the image, it probably isn't Rosa Verona. It looks more like Karelia or Carmen Red. Rosa Verona is shown below:

You're asking us to vote for one of the choices above, and I think either would be fine.

Might you consider adding a little more color to your space? The mosaics below are glass and both would look nice with your materials. You could use them alone, or with a taupe or red colored glass subway tiles.

Here's how all of these mash up on the board below:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here