Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Q. in re Smeg refrigerators

Posted by mtnrdredux (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 17:15

It looks as though they only sell one model in the US, and that model does not have 2 doors (ie with the second door being a freezer like in the photo below). Is that correct?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Q. in re Smeg refrigerators

I've not seen that model for sale here back when I was looking for fridges. It's beautiful, though. I wonder if Canada is an option for purchase?

o

They have Smeg refrigerators at West Elm. I wasn't much impressed with the interior for the price and it was light enough that it moved when you opened the door (in the store, anyway). One thing the US seems to do better than Europe is fridges, for sure.

o

Can you achieve a similar look with a fully integrated model and paneling?

That statement is too broad I think. Europe has some great fridges like Miele, Gaggenau, Liebherr etc. which many in this forum like. I for one love how bright the inside of my Miele is and how well it keeps the temperatures in the different zones.

o

Right, I was thinking portable fridges. The German stuff is a pretty big exception to my statement.

o

I don't think so , GWlolo. Can you get something rounded and metal like that? Plus this one is not bad at 2k

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here