Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lalithar

Faucet with spray & lock

lalithar
11 years ago

Hi,

DH who is the main cleaner would like a single handle pulldown faucet that has a spray lock feature. So basically you don't have to hold the spray button to get the water in spray mode as opposed to stream mode. Also if the faucet is turned off, the faucet also hopefully reverts to stream. Does such a faucet exist? Do you have it and like it?

Comments (12)

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

I had the KWC Systema with locking pulldown. Excellent, excellent faucet -- all metal -- with great water pressure, a long pull-down hose, smooth docking and super quality IMO.

Many posters really like this brand as much as I do. I shopped it online and got a great buy even though it falls in the " bit more but worth it category."

I'd also look at the Grohe Ladylux Pro and Delta Touch faucet. This should cover the spectrum on price but there also is the Grohe Minta at the modern end stylewise and the Kohler Vinnata (I believe it locks but not sure) on the trad end.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: systema

• ww340
    11 years ago

We have the same situation here. DH does the clean up and had the same requirements in a faucet.

We got the Grohe Ladlux Plus. He is very happy with it.

• lalithar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am looking at the faucets. I know Kohler vinnata is a workhorse but I just do not like the voluptous rounded shape. I like simple clean lines.

White River --> The Grohe Ladyluxplus looks like it is a pullout and not a pull down? Maybe there is another model.. there seem to be several versions of ladylux..

Rococcogrl --> I like the look of KWC faucets a lot. I have to check the dimensions to make sure they fit in my compact galley..

Does the Hansgrohe lock the spray?

• weedmeister
    11 years ago

My Price Pfister does this. I wish it didn't (so I could push a button to switch it back to stream without having to turn it off first).

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

We have the Waterstone PLP in the Parche series and it latches on spray and I love it! I can go between spray and no spray by just pressing the switch.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I have the Brizo Solna. It does this. Being a little TKO/OCD I like that you can't see the "line" in the faucet. The pullout part goes up into the metal part.

Dreamy....well, for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brizo Solna

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Delta Trinsic - 2 months and love it!

• xxxOldTimeCarpenter
    11 years ago

All Moen pull-dow/pull-out faucets, except a few dedicated bar faucets, have the Swing n' Spray feature invented by Al Moen in the 1960s that allows you to select either stream or spray using a button that does not have to be held down. To pause the water (as when filling up a bunch of glasses) you will have to hold down the pause button.

For ratings and reviews of faucets, follow the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet Ratings and Reviews

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

we have the hansgrohe "talis C" and it does exactly as you describe. had it over a year and i love it.

• hendricus
    11 years ago

We went to Target online for a faucet. All local faucets tended to be too large for our peninsula sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: faucet

• lalithar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all. We decided on Moen arbor for cleanup sink (DH's choice) and kohler karbon for the prep sink.. We at happy with the choices and just waiting for the kitchen can guy to fix some of the issues so that we can get done with the kitchen.

As an aside, I was really hoping for a wall mounted faucet at one time and fell in love with a Chicago faucets version that trailrunner has and even purchased it. But we ran into installation issues .. Need to list on Craigslist ..

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I have a Whitehaus Metrohaus that (nearly) fills the bill. It has a lock, but it does not revert to stream when you turn it off. (I think that it used to revert when it was new, but now it does not.)

I think (but don't know) that all Whitehauses have the spray-lock feature.