Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ruvati VS Ticor --What's the difference?

Posted by monasan (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 17:09

Hi All,

So I am on the search for a drainboard sink with cool work style features like the colander/ cutting board inserts. I just found one from ruvati (RVH8200) and one from ticor (TR4100). Both are very similar in style / function but the ruvati does look shinier in the pic though.

Has anyone seen these brands up close?

Anyone with personal experience or installation photos please share! Or any knowledge of the brand differences could be very helpful.

*I'll post the ticor here and the ruvati in my next post I don't know how to do both links at once.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ticor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ruvati VS Ticor --What's the difference?

See below for the link to the ruvati.

P.S. I am especially interested in if there is any difference in the quality / look of the stainless steel

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: ruvati

o

I believe Ticor sinks are no longer made, and in fact, on your link the Ticor is shown as out of stock. So, cross it off your list.

I'll link a thread that has links to a number of sinks with drainboards.

Edited: I see there are two sellers on eBay right now with the Ticor TR4100 sink. Both are selling with all the sink's accessories.

Having said that, I like the Ruvati better solely because I prefer the Ruvati's offset drain to Ticor's center drain. I do not like center drains.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about Sink with Integrated Drainboard

This post was edited by Mrs_Nyefnyef on Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 18:17

o

I have the Ruvati RVH7400 and the quality of the sink is exceptional. It has the heavy 16 gauge feel to it: low noise. The brushed finish is also very high quality. I have had the sink for more than a year now and its holding up well.

o

Hey Dennis, Thanks for the input! Looks like a nice model. I was just debating if I should go with a bigger bowl instead of the drainboard combo. My dilemma is I will have a small kitchen and I really don't like the look of dish racks. I know the big bowls are better for big baking jobs but I'll only be doing that a handful of times each year. Oh, I don't know...maybe I should put up a separate post on that.

What did brand did you go with for a faucet?

o

For faucet, I went with a Delta touch faucet. My wife loves the touch feature!

o

Dennis, did you get the Delta Trinsic? Does the diameter bother you at all (when we first saw it, we thought it looked a little "chunky" but maybe installed in a real kitchen, that wouldn't be the case).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here