Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
who was sitting next to my hubby on the plane? bos-bwi??

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 17:09

Isn't it a small world?

My husband had a GW'er sitting next to him on the plane.

Who was it???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: who was sitting next to my hubby on the plane? bos-bwi??

You?

No, me?

No, I give up.

o

It wasn't me. I hate flying. Unless I am heavily medicated.

o

Not me! but I will fly out of BWI tomorrow!

o

kitchen_maman: do you curse a lot when drive to and fro BWI?

my dh has never had an incident-free drive. It's always the same..."I'm sitting in traffic, we are going ZERO"

o

"Passenger Beekeeper, please report to the desk at gate C6. Passenger Beekeeper, please report to the desk at gate C6. Thank you."

o

I flew from BWI-BOS on Sept. 27th en route home from visiting Dutch Wood...but I'm sure it wasn't me. BTW, it took 6 hrs door to door, I think it might actually be just as fast to drive.

o

I should clarify that - 6 hrs home->BOS->BWI->rental car->Dutch Wood. Same in reverse.

o

I mean just today, this afternoon! Whomever it was is probably not even at their destination yet with all the traffic. Flight landed around 4-ish.

Do you think my dh would have asked for her username? No. Never occurred to him! lol

soibean, how was your visit anyway? Did you do it all in one day? I forgot, you should have reached out and come to see my kitchen.

o

Hi, Bee. I had a really intense visit. Sat with Lorna going over my plans for 5 straight hours! I'm still waiting to see the results of all the notes she took. I even used a picture of your kitchen to show something I want - got the F&P dishdrawers and I want the panels on the top drawer to look like two drawers. :-) Michelle16's photos came in handy as well. Luckily I brought all of my files with me on a thumb drive, given their general lack of connectivity... I'm really glad I didn't wait any longer to sign seeing how now they're not taking any new orders till next year. You should have seen Jason's face when he asked me when I need the cabinets and I said asap. My kitchen got demo'ed this week, so the clock is ticking.

Anyway, if I go back, I'll probably drive directly. As it was, I left home at 5:30 am, traveled 6 hrs to get there, spent 5.5 hrs there, went straight home for 6 more hrs, arrived home around 11 pm. So I couldn't have come by to visit on this trip, though I would have loved to see your kitchen in person.

o

I'm just trying to figure out how THAT came up during the flight? Too funny!,

o

I thought this was a guessing game, sorry.

o

enduring, so funny. You thought he sat next to C Peacock, didn't you?

He said that the person was a little afraid to fly so he tried to keep her mind off of it. She's building a house.....wants arabesques....and then well, one thing lead to another, she mentioned GWK forum and Houzz, and well....I hope she signs on before she heads back to Boston. Who was it?

And soibean, I would have loved to be a fly on that wall the day you were there! Perhaps poor Jason has taken to going out back and screaming and then returning to the office looking all relieved. My dh did ask him if that's where he went once when he was looking for a color of paint...and was gone a long time...he denied the screaming part, of course. lol And Lorna, she's probably dying. She wasn't involved with my kitchen at all, and I'm not sure about Michelle's either.

I haven't told him about the magazine yet. I think he will certainly be outside screaming when he hears. Maybe I can get a vanity in exchange for NOT mentioning them!!!!

BEE

o

Bee, I keep thinking I might drive both of them over the edge, and I laugh every time I think about your husband's comment. I'm pretty sure they see this GW thing as a mixed blessing. Can't imagine what will happen if they get mentioned in a magazine! They might have to delist their phone number and change their email address!

o

Can't imagine what will happen if they get mentioned in a magazine!

Too late! The Luxury Baths edition of our local magazine is coming out in November w/ our master bath featured in it- featuring Dutch Wood Cabinets. The lady who wrote the article I believe interviewed Jason for it too (this was a few months ago when she wrote it; he must not have been so overwhelmed then!)

o

It was me !!

ok, not really. But I do want a vacation somewhere, so I wish it was me.

How about doing a forum search for arabesque and having hubby read the threads to see if anything sounds familiar to him. Someone very recently posted about that tile.

o

What a small small world it is!!

No telling how often GW'ers pass by each other and never realize it...but my husband wouldn't even begin to know what this was. All he knows it as is the "house website" since I first found it when we were building our home.

This is kind of like the whole Kevin Bacon game...

Here is a link that might be useful: Kevin Bacon Game

o

I love to go out of BWI!!!
National is closest, but it involves the southern route over the bridges.
Dulles is in a foreign country named Virginia,
and BWI is a zooooommmm up 50, 97, 295 and BOOM I'm there!

Didn't know you were all that close.

o

bump

o

Soibean- I often drive from Baltimore to Boston to visit family. I used to fly, however I realized that after checking in for flights, renting cars, waiting for delays, getting through security, and now getting car seats and kids settled, it is WAY easier (and more relaxing) to just get behind the wheel and DRIVE. Especially if your heading up into PA instead of down here to MD.

o

Do you know it was someone off the kitchen board and not another part of GW?

o

Not I. I went from BDL (Hartford) to BWI on Fri. And amazingly, I had a nice companion each way.

Easier to fly down with my parents than drive the 6-10 hrs, yes 10 hrs on a Fri night once - not a pleasant experience after working all week and being exhausted, with 2 boys, a DH and two elderly parents.

o

Bee,

I drive that every day! so, um, yes. I do find myself a bit frustrated from time to time ;). Really I didn't have any traffic on Saturday and the airport was a breeze too. I just go back about an hour and a half ago. Traffic not bad for mid day!

o

Laura12, yep...she was on GW Kitchen forum. They discussed arabesques....

o

Ah! I love your arabesques! They don't work with the design of our home, but I drool over the photos of your old kitchen. In fact, I was just browsing through houzz and stumbled onto your pictures from your last kitchen!

Did you take all thoe lovely pictures of both your old and current home yourself?

o

Bumping to see if you ever found out who it was.

o

bump

o

Bump- hope you find out the answer!

o

Bump- hope you find out the answer!

o

Hi Bee:
Hope you find your husband's seatmate...I too think about that amazing photoshoot with the Perrier bottles, the beautiful arabesque tile and the gorgeous brown color you painted.

Since I'm on to a new project, I have been pondering whether I can do that white tile in my daughter's bathroom. I still love it and your taste!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here