Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

who was sitting next to my hubby on the plane? bos-bwi??

beekeeperswife
11 years ago

Isn't it a small world?

My husband had a GW'er sitting next to him on the plane.

Who was it???

Comments (29)

• enduring
    11 years ago

You?

No, me?

No, I give up.

• sis2two
    11 years ago

It wasn't me. I hate flying. Unless I am heavily medicated.

• kitchen_maman
    11 years ago

Not me! but I will fly out of BWI tomorrow!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

kitchen_maman: do you curse a lot when drive to and fro BWI?

my dh has never had an incident-free drive. It's always the same..."I'm sitting in traffic, we are going ZERO"

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

"Passenger Beekeeper, please report to the desk at gate C6. Passenger Beekeeper, please report to the desk at gate C6. Thank you."

• soibean
    11 years ago

I flew from BWI-BOS on Sept. 27th en route home from visiting Dutch Wood...but I'm sure it wasn't me. BTW, it took 6 hrs door to door, I think it might actually be just as fast to drive.

• soibean
    11 years ago

I should clarify that - 6 hrs home->BOS->BWI->rental car->Dutch Wood. Same in reverse.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I mean just today, this afternoon! Whomever it was is probably not even at their destination yet with all the traffic. Flight landed around 4-ish.

Do you think my dh would have asked for her username? No. Never occurred to him! lol

soibean, how was your visit anyway? Did you do it all in one day? I forgot, you should have reached out and come to see my kitchen.

• soibean
    11 years ago

Hi, Bee. I had a really intense visit. Sat with Lorna going over my plans for 5 straight hours! I'm still waiting to see the results of all the notes she took. I even used a picture of your kitchen to show something I want - got the F&P dishdrawers and I want the panels on the top drawer to look like two drawers. :-) Michelle16's photos came in handy as well. Luckily I brought all of my files with me on a thumb drive, given their general lack of connectivity... I'm really glad I didn't wait any longer to sign seeing how now they're not taking any new orders till next year. You should have seen Jason's face when he asked me when I need the cabinets and I said asap. My kitchen got demo'ed this week, so the clock is ticking.

Anyway, if I go back, I'll probably drive directly. As it was, I left home at 5:30 am, traveled 6 hrs to get there, spent 5.5 hrs there, went straight home for 6 more hrs, arrived home around 11 pm. So I couldn't have come by to visit on this trip, though I would have loved to see your kitchen in person.

• home4all6
    11 years ago

I'm just trying to figure out how THAT came up during the flight? Too funny!,

• enduring
    11 years ago

I thought this was a guessing game, sorry.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

enduring, so funny. You thought he sat next to C Peacock, didn't you?

He said that the person was a little afraid to fly so he tried to keep her mind off of it. She's building a house.....wants arabesques....and then well, one thing lead to another, she mentioned GWK forum and Houzz, and well....I hope she signs on before she heads back to Boston. Who was it?

And soibean, I would have loved to be a fly on that wall the day you were there! Perhaps poor Jason has taken to going out back and screaming and then returning to the office looking all relieved. My dh did ask him if that's where he went once when he was looking for a color of paint...and was gone a long time...he denied the screaming part, of course. lol And Lorna, she's probably dying. She wasn't involved with my kitchen at all, and I'm not sure about Michelle's either.

I haven't told him about the magazine yet. I think he will certainly be outside screaming when he hears. Maybe I can get a vanity in exchange for NOT mentioning them!!!!

BEE

• soibean
    11 years ago

Bee, I keep thinking I might drive both of them over the edge, and I laugh every time I think about your husband's comment. I'm pretty sure they see this GW thing as a mixed blessing. Can't imagine what will happen if they get mentioned in a magazine! They might have to delist their phone number and change their email address!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    11 years ago

Can't imagine what will happen if they get mentioned in a magazine!

Too late! The Luxury Baths edition of our local magazine is coming out in November w/ our master bath featured in it- featuring Dutch Wood Cabinets. The lady who wrote the article I believe interviewed Jason for it too (this was a few months ago when she wrote it; he must not have been so overwhelmed then!)

• angela12345
    11 years ago

It was me !!

ok, not really. But I do want a vacation somewhere, so I wish it was me.

How about doing a forum search for arabesque and having hubby read the threads to see if anything sounds familiar to him. Someone very recently posted about that tile.

• Eyegirlie
    11 years ago

What a small small world it is!!

No telling how often GW'ers pass by each other and never realize it...but my husband wouldn't even begin to know what this was. All he knows it as is the "house website" since I first found it when we were building our home.

This is kind of like the whole Kevin Bacon game...

Here is a link that might be useful: Kevin Bacon Game

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I love to go out of BWI!!!
    National is closest, but it involves the southern route over the bridges.
    Dulles is in a foreign country named Virginia,
    and BWI is a zooooommmm up 50, 97, 295 and BOOM I'm there!

Didn't know you were all that close.

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

bump

• kai615
    11 years ago

Soibean- I often drive from Baltimore to Boston to visit family. I used to fly, however I realized that after checking in for flights, renting cars, waiting for delays, getting through security, and now getting car seats and kids settled, it is WAY easier (and more relaxing) to just get behind the wheel and DRIVE. Especially if your heading up into PA instead of down here to MD.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Do you know it was someone off the kitchen board and not another part of GW?

• momand3boys
    11 years ago

Not I. I went from BDL (Hartford) to BWI on Fri. And amazingly, I had a nice companion each way.

Easier to fly down with my parents than drive the 6-10 hrs, yes 10 hrs on a Fri night once - not a pleasant experience after working all week and being exhausted, with 2 boys, a DH and two elderly parents.

• kitchen_maman
    11 years ago

Bee,

I drive that every day! so, um, yes. I do find myself a bit frustrated from time to time ;). Really I didn't have any traffic on Saturday and the airport was a breeze too. I just go back about an hour and a half ago. Traffic not bad for mid day!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura12, yep...she was on GW Kitchen forum. They discussed arabesques....

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Ah! I love your arabesques! They don't work with the design of our home, but I drool over the photos of your old kitchen. In fact, I was just browsing through houzz and stumbled onto your pictures from your last kitchen!

Did you take all thoe lovely pictures of both your old and current home yourself?

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Bumping to see if you ever found out who it was.

• natebear zone 10B
    11 years ago

bump

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

Bump- hope you find out the answer!

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

Bump- hope you find out the answer!

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Hi Bee:
    Hope you find your husband's seatmate...I too think about that amazing photoshoot with the Perrier bottles, the beautiful arabesque tile and the gorgeous brown color you painted.

Since I'm on to a new project, I have been pondering whether I can do that white tile in my daughter's bathroom. I still love it and your taste!!

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert