Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what type of backsplash looks good with Santa Cecila countertops?

Posted by kymmyj (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 5, 10 at 17:08

We just had beautiful new Santa Cecilia granite countertops put in, but my dilemma is the what backsplash to have put in. We have white cabinets and a light tile floor. The walls are Portobello (dark brown) by Sherwin Williams. Any suggestions would be so very helpful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what type of backsplash looks good with Santa Cecila countert

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you had a chance to check the Finished Kitchens Blog (FKB)? It not only has many, many finished kitchens from GWers over the years, but it also has a "categories" page. Look for the "FKB Categories" link in the navigation panel on the right side of any home kitchen page in the FKB.

Scroll down to the "Countertops" section and look for your stone's name. When you click on the name, you will be taken to a page that lists all the kitchens with that stone. If your stone is not listed, look for some with similar coloring. Click on one of the GWers in the list and you will see that person's kitchen and what backsplash s/he has.

(I just looked, there are 11 kitchens with Santa Cecilia stone.)

Good luck!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BTW...you're probably not receiving emails of follow-up postings, even though you checked the box requesting them. This is b/c you don't have the email option turned on in your profile. See the "Read Me" thread (linked below) for more information. Scroll down to the post with the subject "Getting Emails Sent To You...3-step Process".

Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me If You're New To GW Kitchens!

o

Also, depends on what dominant color there is in your St. Cecilia. I have several samples at my shop, and when we pick backsplash tile, it all depends on the sample we have, and more importantly on the slab the customers pick. Some has more gold in it, some more beige-y tones. Florida Tile Mexican Travertine in Desert Cream has been a good one. Also, Florida Tile Ankara, Alabaster. Those are two off the top of my head that have been used recently with St. Cecilia. That is, in my opinion, a very nice granite with most tiles... just look at your particulars slab at the range of colors to see what jumps out at you.

o

Here are a few visuals, maybe they can help you.
White cabinets, light tile floor, Portobello walls and SC
granite.
~boxerpups

Photobucket

Home Town Girl Typepad

Photobucket

The View

Photobucket

Photobucket

Country

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hello, I looked thru the countertops section and couldn't find any info on the next to last picture that "bowerpups" posted. Any idea what the name of the backsplash is in that pic....looks like a split stone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here