Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klga

Holiday kitchen cabinets

klga
11 years ago

Not much on Thenet about holiday kitchen cabinets, so I thought I would post what I have learned from my recent purchase.

Generally, good quality but certainly not any better than what you can get at a big box store for less. My biggest disappointment was the holiday website stated that series of cabinets I purchased would be constructed with 3/4" PLYWOOD. What arrived was constructed with 3/4" chip wood. A big difference in material when I consider the price I paid. I think it is important that customers know this and ask for clarification before purchasing.

Chipwood or medium density fiber board is not plywood. There are minor issues with warped doors and knicks from shipping. I will post how well they handle warranty issues when I can.

Comments (2)

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I just looked at their website. It seems that they have a line (RWH Full Access) that is said to be plywood, and another line with a similar name (RWH Estate Full Access) that is industrial board (i.e., particleboard).

Is there any chance they messed up your order between the two lines?

• klga
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Must be!

An issue I need to take up with the seller. Contract says RWH.

Never the less, future prospects should be advised to ask for clarification. I would have assumed the estate to be there best. Thanks for pointing this out.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!