Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Knives and cutting boards

Posted by bahacca (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 16:46

Just curious what knives you have, what you love, what you don't, how you store them. Same with cutting boards.
I have 4 cutting boards-3 wood, 1 plastic of various sizes.
Knives-1 good Wusthof chefs knife.
I have 2 sets of knives in blocks-I do not like them at all. One is a henckels knockoff. The other I don't even know. I just know they are all dull and I hate them!LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Knives and cutting boards

I have a small drawer for knives and tiny prep bowls. Rather than using a block or similar, I use Edge Guards. That way, I can just have the knifes in a tray and not have to fuss with slots, and dulling, and all of that. Plus, if I want to set a knife out, I can leave the edge guard on until I'm actually using it.

My favorite knife is a Wusthof 8" Chef's knife. I've had it a long time, and it feels natural in my hand. I think all of my good knives were gifts, so they're mix and match. I have a 4" paring knife that's Henkels. It has a stick-out-y handle guard, which feels weird when just holding it, but is fine in use. I love how thin and pointy it is. I use those two knives for almost everything.

I have an old in drawer, four slot block of knives that were my mother's, which I keep mostly for sentiment. They've been sharpened as much as they could be. I find them useful now and then for odd things that require odd knives.

From college days, I have a Chicago Cutlery chef's knife, which is great for dividing bread dough. It has a thicker (taller) blade, and isn't very sharp (I could sharpen it, but I like it duller for dough). I have a hand-me-down Chicago Cutlery butcher's knife of similar age which I use for dismembering raw chickens (it's very sharp). I like these for their purposes.

Awhile back I was given a Wusthof slicing knife. It's very long, blunt and curved nosed, and has a Granton edge. The Granton edge works great, but, while the knife is very sharp, I have trouble slicing with it.

In the knife drawer are also a few lesser paring knives of different shapes and sizes, a plastic lettuce knife, herb shears and poultry shears--both of which I love, and a paddle mandoline--which I also love.

I have a big DeBuyer V-mandoline for big jobs and juliennes as well. Plus some specialty cutting tools in my gadget drawer: Avocado slicer (not necessary, but makes life easier if you serve a lot of sliced avocadoes, carrot curler (also not necessary, but takes less shoulder strength than a knife), tinsnips for artichokes, mushroom slicer for large, cookpot quanities where thicker slicers are better and one is too hurried for a knife, egg slicer that makes nice little cubes, strawberry huller which is a lot faster than a knife, and egg topper which I can't do with a knife.

For cutting boards, I keep my white nylon one out. I prefer my maple one, but I can throw the nylon one in the dishwasher, and the maple is delaminating from overuse and age. Wood is naturally anti-bacterial, but the cracks can be a problem, and it can't go in the dishwasher. It should get hard dry before reuse. So I use the nylon one most.

I have a couple of plant dust and resin ones which are a bit too small, and they're too hard to be easy on my knife edges. I use them for sitting in front of the TV while processing large batches of small things, and as spares when I'm cooking a lot of different things. Plus, I have a big wood carving board, and a bigger maple baking board.

I also have a good quality steel, which I use regularly (straightens the edge), and a two sided sharpening stone in a wood case which I use when necessary, but I'm careful with my edges so I don't have to grind them needlessly.

o

I just checked and I THOUGHT they were knock offs, but they are Henckels! I forgot they had a sharpener with them, so I just sharpened them and they are MUCH better. I think I'll be getting rid of the "Rogers" set and use the Henckels again. They've been hiding in a back corner.

o

LOL!!! Good thing you looked!!

o

Oh, this is a LARGE subject.

Knives: I went with Wusthof, though "real" Henckels (not Henckels International, made in China) appears to be the same quality, so it's a matter of personal preference, if it's a choice between these two. There are of course other German and Japanese brands to consider, but those two are the most popular, I think.
I felt that the 8" chefs knife would be too cumbersome to handle, so got a 6". That's too short, I wish I got the 7", but not spending another $100 on it...
Also got the short straight paring knife - love it; a weird soft cheese knife with large round holes in it, which doesn't really work, and the 5" serrated utility knife

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/wusthof-classic-5-inch-serrated-utility-knife/?pkey=cknives-wusthof

which I love.

Cutting boards: have a few wood boards, but got a couple of these plastic ones recently with ingeniously raised edges to prevent spillage, and they are great.

And finally for chopping onions nothing beats the little green veggie chopper!

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/veggiechop-vegetable-chopper/

Cheers.

o

I LOVE my Forschner knives! Made in Switzerland, by the same company that makes Swiss army knives, they are very sharp, very high quality, and VERY reasonably priced. Cook's Illustrated consistently rates Forschner knives a "best buy" in their knife testing.

I'll be storing mine in a drawer insert.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forschner knives

o

Mine are the "Henckels International", so not the same quality apparently then. Oh well-at least the sharpener works! Should hold me over until i cansplurge again on a few more knives.
My favs I've used are Global. I bought my FIL a set for Christmas about 5 years ago and everytime we go over there, I want to steal them!

o

I started out 30 years ago with a set of Chicago knives that I got for a wedding present. I thought they were the best. Then I tried a Wusthof. I bought a set, then a few more. I have more than I need. They are so sharp and so comfortable. I really love them. I used to keep them in a block on the counter but in my new kitchen designated a drawer for them next to the prep sink. See:
Photobucket
I used to use only wood cutting boards, but got a plastic one and was always reaching for it because it can go in the dishwasher. I got a couple more at Ikea for 99 cents and use only plastic now. I think wood is better for the blades, but plastic is so much easier to clean up.

o
more knife talk

You know what-my wusthof is much more confy than the globals for chopping large amounts of stuff. I have knife drawer envy. I did clear out 2 drawers in the kitchen and combined them in the junk drawer. Maybe one of those can be transformed into a knife drawer. Id your block custom built or did you buy it somewhere?

o

I keep my knives on a magnetic strip near the sink. My kitchen is so small it is also near the prep area, ha ha. I really like storing them on the strip, they are handy and I can't trust the dishwasher (DH) to store them properly if I depended on edge guards.
range backsplash
I have a mix of knives, a couple of older Dansk knives that I really like, despite their being inexpensive, a Wusthof paring and utility knife that I love, a Sabatier paring knife and a couple of Sabatier santoku knives that I use but am not impressed with their quality. I love the Wusthof knives and will eventually but a Wusthof chefs knife, but need to try them out to select between the 7" and 8" versions.

o
Cutting boards

I should have mentioned that like previous posters, I prefer wooden cutting boards but generally use plastic boards as they go in the dishwasher. I store the cutting boards at the end of the counter leaning against the wall -- at least until my tray/cutting board storage space above the fridge is completed.

o

There was a great thread on knives and I bought new ones for MY XMAS present from DH. I went to a knife store to test drive (same prices as Amazon). Since I have 15 -20 for dinner usually once a week and sometimes 2 - 3 times a week I wanted lighter carving and bread knives - Victorinox Forschner Fibrox . I wanted more weight with my chef knife and went with a Japanese brand. All plus more are in a drawer block in my island where I do all my prep. I have my old knives in another drawer for the kids. Must have 10+ cutting boards - all sorts. I can have 4 - 6 kids prepping at once around the island! I got Wusthoff steak knives for DH for XMAS. He LOVES them (Amazon was cheapest).

Here is a link that might be useful: If you love your knives, please share

o

Shuns and Epicurean. I store in slots in a top drawer.

o

I have a mix of open stock knives from Henckel, Wusthof, Global, and Shun. As Jacques Pepin recently said, you only really need 3 knives, but that being said, he has 30. Which knife I use depends on the activity and purpose. When I'm chopping garlic, I use a heavy 10" Henckel's chef knife, but for dicing onions or tomatoes, I use my Global or Shun. I use a Shun Deba for slicing meat. I find that the Global and Shun keep their edge much longer than the German knives. If I didn't already have so many knives, i'd buy some carbon steel knife, which are even easier to hone. I also love kitchen shears for cutting herbs and chives, chicken, and [when the kids were younger] cutting food into little pieces. I have 6 pairs of them, which I keep in a tray in one of our drawers.

I use knife trays just like Sally123, and we have 2 work areas, one near the main sink and one on the island with a prep sink. The knife trays really help reclaim counterspace.

I have a mix of different sized wooden and plastic cutting boards. Some are bamboo, which is thin and very hard.

o

After 25 years of enduring bad knives, we finally bought ourselves some Henkels. Love them. Also love beyond compare their kitchen shears that come apart for washing! We have 2 small paring knives (could do without the little one), the tomato slicer (!), the mid-size one they call a sandwich knife, a big chef's knife that we never use, the Japanese style cleaver that we use a lot, bread knife that is used daily, and a huge honking "ham slicer" that is serrated in reverse. Great for slicing up the roast beast but we don't do beast all that often.
In the new kitchen there is a drawer for them but everybody voted to retain the block on the counter. Faster to grab and faster to replace them when washed.

o

This really is an immense subject.

FWIW about a year ago, after following discussions on http://www.cheftalk.com/f/71/cooking-knives and elsewhere, I got

Edge Pro Apex 3

Konosuke HD Wa-Gyuto 210mm

which have transformed what I can do -- the Edge Pro because I can now sharpen easily at home. All knives need regular sharpening.

And the Japanese knives are just a revelation: thin, sharp, light. My chopping is faster and more precise. Carrots almost fall apart; onions do what I want them to.

Incidentally cutleryandmore.com has a clearance sale on knives at the moment. I got a few small ones -- good Henckels prices.

o

Wusthofs, bought when China wasn't making anything except firecrackers and ping pong balls. I prefer drawer storage but have to put them in a block now.

A plastic cutting board for vege, wood for meat (more sanitary) and--a trick my mother taught me--a tiny little wooden cutting board that I keep standing up behind the faucet. Great for quick little work.

o

Sigh. My small cutting board used to live behind the faucet too. ... Pre-garden window. I don't have a convenient place to dry cutting boards anymore, which is a major reason I like to put them in the dishwasher. Lucky Marcolo with his tiny kitchen.

o

I've had Chicago Cutlery for the past 28 years. They are fairly comfortable to use, but always dull. Dull knives are actually more dangerous to use than an well-sharpened one. I bought a Chicago Cutlery santoku knife a few years ago and really love that! DS has recently started selling Cutco brand knives/utensils to supplement college expenses and I am finding that they are very nice. My MIL has had her set of Cutco for 50+ years and still in excellent condition. I know of several other families of that generation who have had Cutco and are very pleased with them as well. I've purchased a few pieces and find them to be very comfortable in the hand and an extra bonus is the lifetime warranty and can be returned for complimentary sharpening at any time...just pay shipping.
As far as cutting boards go, I go with my plastic boards. Simply for the cleaning factor! I think they are much more sanitary than wood as they can be thrown in the dishwasher & sanitized. I feel like the wood fibers when wet, can expand & trap debris & bacteria which is very difficult to remove.

o

marcolo-I, too, have a tiny wooden cutting board! We use it for quick, small jobs like chopping greens for our bearded dragon.
mabel-than kyou so much for mentioning cuttingboard storage above the fridge! RIght now the top of the fridge is overtaken by my enormous tea stash, but clearing the way to house my cutting boards and enormous collection of cookie sheets and baking pans may be a great fix for some of my kitchen woes!

o

Bahacca - It's made by rev-a-shelf and is available all over the place, even at Amazon. It is made of maple and is trimmable to fit in your drawer. Its great.

o

Several people have mentioned plastic cutting boards. I do not have any. Firstly, you've made a $$ investment in knives, and then to use a plastic board will dull your knives extremely quickly. Secondly, I want to debunk the idea that plastic boards are more sanitary, and that wood might hold bacteria. Actually the opposite is true, yet that myth lives on. No one knows where this idea, now accepted as fact, came from that plastic boards are safer. Researchers at the University of Wisconsin have studied this perception that plastic cutting boards are better, and were unable to ascertain why people think this. Their findings were that wooden boards are significantly safer.

"The [University of Wisconsin] researchers purposely contaminated wood and
plastic boards with bacteria and then tried to recover those
bacteria alive from the boards. They also tested boards made from
seven different species of trees and four types if plastic. They
incubated contaminated boards overnight at refrigerator and room
temperatures and at high and typical humidity levels. They tested
several bacteria, Q Salmonella, Listeria and enterohemorrhagic
Escherichia coli Q known to produce food poisoning. The results
consistently favored the wooden boards, often by a large margin
over plastic boards. The scientists found that three minutes after contaminating a board that 99.9 percent of the bacteria on wooden boards had died, while none of the bacteria died on plastic. Bacterial numbers
actually increased on plastic cutting boards held overnight at
room temperature, but the scientists could not recover any
bacteria from wooden boards treated the same way. A major question is why wood is so inhospitable to bacteria. The researchers have tried unsuccessfully to recover the compound in wood that inhibits bacteria, and is continuing the research."

On top of their own laboratory research that wooden boards inhibit bacteria, the UWisconsin researchers were unable to find research to the contrary. It's not that they found contradictory research on plastic boards, but that they didn't find any research at all, i.e. no laboratory testing, no comparisons of various types of boards, using sophisticated instruments to measure, etc. It's a myth with no source.

o

sally123-THANK YOU-going on my pinterest now.
akchicago-I have 1 plastic board and it is always my last resort board. Looks like I should just ditch it entirely and get another wood board.

o

Actually, the nylon board I have is very soft and doesn't dull my knives any faster than the maple. It goes in the dishwasher and gets as clean as the wood board.

I do agree that there are many plastic cutting boards, including the two resin ones that I don't use often, that are too hard.

This isn't an absolute thing.

o

I am delighted this thread called for knives AND cutting boards. We splurged for a small set of Shun Classics, and will supplement with some open stock in the future. I am very pleased with them. Light and super-sharp; they make it easy to feel like you have a deft touch.

I also am on board (pun intended) with Marcolo and AKChitown. Wood is the way to go. Here is a pic that I already happened to have of both the Shun and a cutting board I made. The woods are end-grain maple and black walnut. In the photo, it is still shiny from one of its initial oilings.

Photobucket

Although I rather like this board, it pales in comparison to one that remodelfla has. I officially request she post it here. (In case she does not see or heed my request, scroll down about 1/3 on the thread linked below. Sublime.)

Here is a link that might be useful: RemodelFla's exquisite cutting board

o

It's all dirty everywhere. If it doesn't kill you, it's not a problem... well, sort of.

I think - ad hoc theory here - that the plastic-is-cleaner myth probably stems from the perception of a dishwasher as a "sterilizer" and the feeling that you can toss a plastic cutting board into the DW, jack the temperature therein and voil�.

It's all not true in several directions. But that's just, when I peer inside of myself, where I think I can faintly discern the nonsense feeling emanating from.

I have a ton of those flexible plastic cutting boards, and I don't have enough of them yet. I love em. I know they're not clean, and I'm not one whisp surprised to learn of a mysterious antibacterial nature to wood. I would be very surprised, however, if there were little in the literature about it or conversely about plastic. I did a job once for someone making sanitation equipment and there was extensive testing of all surfaces kitchen that had to be undertaken for FDA approval -- there's a whole world of that stuff out there. I actually think this is something someone knows quite a bit about (not me). [the punch line, BTW, was friction. You have to rub surfaces to get them cleanest. Chemicals can sometimes do a so-so job more quickly, but that's it. Physical abrasion is the bottom line. People keep "discovering" this over and over again in all sorts of new manifestations (I just saw a big hulabaloo over this same conclusion regarding teeth, for example)].

What I love about the flexible cutting boards is:

- you can designate them for different types of foods, e.g. onion, veggies, chicken, meat, fruit -- on the theory that you really can't keep smells or compounds from the board so I'd rather isolate it. And you can write this on them. If you're really lucky you can find em in different colors for this purpose but I always cheap out for the plain-colored ones. There aren't enough different colors in any case.
- I like that they're thin so having a zillion for different substances, doesn't take a lot of space.
- I like to steam greens sometimes and squeeze them out - you can do this with the flexible cutting board. Roll em up tight, then chop. I did it tonight, in fact. Yes I know all that liquid is vitamin-ish. Pour it into a ziploc and toss it in the freezer for the next soup day.
- They're relatively cheap - toss when too groddy.
- You can move your choppings straight to the stockpot (or whatever) by just lifting and bending - that is, you can funnel the choppings in the flexible sides.

As it happens mine don't actually go well in my new DW, but that's OK, they fit on the bottom grid of the prep sink for ... scrubbing.

Advantages of wood:

- antibacterial-ish, as mentioned
- arrive at the holidays unbidden in baskets - oh those baskets! (ycch).
- rigidity can be your friend, as in, e.g., cheese board, etc.
- probably more secure if you're a professional chef chopping all day long.

I have a dozen wooden boards as well, from water table inserts to gift basket freebies to sacred relative offerings. I still like the plastic.

o

I know that wood has some magic anti-bacterial property. But you have to wash them by hand and sometimes oil them. They are big and heavy. I already don't put my pots and pans and knives in the dishwasher. I don't want to wash the cutting boards by hand, too. So, knowing the plastic may not be best for my knives, I choose to use them. Plus I can fit 3 in this litle rack on my cabinet door. A big heavy wooden board came with the rack but it was too heavy and the door kept slipping out of alignment. If I'm cooking up a storm and all the plastic ones are dirty I'll break out a wooden one. Otherwise, they have to sit there in the cupboard.
Photobucket

o

Regarding knife choice - I had never heard of Cutco until my niece started selling them. I've only bought one from her so far but it's fantastic and I plan on buying more. Now that I'm "aware" of Cutco I see it in everyone's home and they all rave about them, and at two dinner parties in the last month they both had the steak knives. They've had them for 30 years and they cut like butter - that'll probably be my next purchase.

Love the cutting board storage ideas.

o

I have a LARGE wooden cutting board that lives on my counter. I use it for the majority of my prepping - mostly veggies/cheese/sandwiches etc. cooked meat as well.

I do the plastic board for raw meats. Yes, I know wood is better, but that board is rather busy during prep time so I whip out the plastic for the quickie meat job.

I love my wooden board - basically a butcher block. it's about 20x15x3. Love the 15x20 dimension... wish the 3 inches high was more like 1.5-2 inches high. It makes the cutting surface a bit too high for me. Uncomfortable barefoot. ok with my normal house flipflops (thick soles)... would be perfect if I was an inch or 2 taller.

I've tried to talk my dh into trimming the board down for me, but I think that's a no-go. He still remembers what he paid for it for my bday 2 years ago (total splurge) and doesn't want to accidentally ruin it.

I've somewhat considered having the counter it sits on (& cooktop area) slightly lower when we redo the kitchen. It would make the pots on the stove easier to see in, right? But it seems a bit counter-productive to do such a drastic, permanent alteration for a cutting board -- plus I can't figure out how to make it look good (on the short end of an L)

o

Knives - Wusthof Grand Prix, and one Forschner long serrated bread knife. I think knife sets are a waste of money and space; I just have 5 knives and don't need any more.

Board -wood only. I somehow have a weird sensitivity to the sound a knife makes when hitting a plastic board - it just goes right through me and gives me the shivers. Weird, I know. So I use wood cutting boards. I realize wood is heavier and more of a pain to clean than just tossing the plastic board in the DW, but honestly, I don't find it a big deal to wash the wood board (thank you large-single-bowl sink!). I have a very large heavy wood cutting board that I don't take out that often. Mostly I use a couple of wood boards that are smaller and pretty thin and light; I think I got them at BB&B and Ace Hardware.

People have mentioned oiling their boards. For me, the stuff that really keeps wood boards in good shape is not an oil. It's a moisturizing beeswax cream called Clapham's Beeswax Salad Bowl Finish. The secret to application is that a little goes a long way, so be skimpy on the amount you put on each time. It's food safe, no odor except maybe the slight whiff of beeswax which is quite pleasant. An added bonus is that after I've applied some to my wood boards, my hands are nicely moisturized!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clapham's Beeswax Salad Bowl Finish

o

Fun topic!

I have a big honking Wusthof Grand Prix chefs knife that I love and use the majority of the time. It's 10" long and has an extra wide blade. I also like to switch it up and use chinese cleavers. On a whim, I'll alternate between a Dexter stainless steel cleaver or carbon steel one I bought in Hong Kong. I'll also use my Wusthof Santuko when slicing veggies sometimes.

For special jobs, another knife I use a lot is my Wusthof boning knife. It's my go-to for butchering, trimming and filleting. For breads I have the larger Wusthof serrated bread knife. When we make sushi at home, I pull out a 12" yanagiba. For small jobs, I have assorted parers. I also keep some knives like a smaller Wusthof chefs knife in a toolbox that I take with me if I have to cook at someone else's home or on-site somewhere.

Do I NEED all these knives. Absolutely not. But they're fun and do make some jobs easier. They even create a cooking mood sometimes, especially with ethnic cuisines.

For the cutting surface, I have an 18x18 4" thick Boos chopping block. I treat it with Claphams occasionally. If I have to sanitize it at the end of a session, I do it the way my father taught me. Just rub in some salt and let it sit while I clean up elsewhere in the kitchen. I then comeback and wipe it down with a clean wet towel. The salt doesn't penetrate the wood, so it doesn't salt the food if I use it later to cut something. I also have a few of those plastic cutting mats. They're good for splitting up cutting duties in the kitchen. I also use it on top of the block when it isn't contaminated but not totally wiped down and I want to cut something else on it without mixing flavors.

o

After the kitchen reno, I down-scaled everything, including knives to include a chefs knife, trimmer, 2 paring knives and a 9" carver - all from Cutco. The trimmer changed my life. It's so versatile, it's crazy. I want a 7" Santoku and another trimmer and I will live happily ever after. They live in my Ikea Rationell knife tray, top drawer under the butcher block cutting board.

Like a few others, I have a large (24" x 20" x 2") end-grain walnut cutting board that sits on my counter and use it for everything except raw meat (use a plastic for that). I use it under by electric frying pan and crock pot too - not supposed to put those directly on Silestone. It's a nice alternative to Boos and definitely not as costly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom Walnut End Grain Cutting Boards

o

A friend who was a foodie before I hardly knew what that was introduced me to his wusthof and henkel's. My husband bought me Henkels before they became so popular. They are the 4 star and do not say "international," just Germany. We do have a cheap set from when we first got married that I keep for the kids to use.

I also must mention that I bought the cheese knife and peeler from a Pampered Chef party and both are excellent, and I am generally a reluctant guest on the home party circuit. The peeler I liked so much, I had a friend going to another party buy me a second one.

The information on wooden cutting boards is news to me. I am not sure I will immediately change my practices, but my mom will only use wood so one less thing to lose sleep over!

o

Thanks for the kind words Angie. I feel a bit silly posting a pic since you indirectly did but I've done far crazier things in my life. LOVE my wood board and use it multiple times daily. In over 3 years I've probably only wax/oiled it 4 times... pure laziness. I only have one halfway decent knife (Henkels 6" chef's knife). I"m hoping Santa brings me a Ken Onion Shun 8" chef's knife.

o

I recommend going to a store that carries a few of the above mentioned knife brands and handle them yourself. I did this walking into a store planning on buying Henckles, ended up buying Wusthoff Classic because that is what felt the most comfortable to me.

o

Remodelfla: Please don't feel silly. If you didn't do it, I would have! I was just waiting a bit to be polite ;-) Love love love it!

o

Just to back up akcchicago, US Davis also published a number of studies evaluating the cleanliness of plastic versus wood boards. The bottom line was that a used plastic board could never be fully cleansed of bacteria by hand. It had to go in a dishwasher with a sanitization cycle to kill off the bacteria. Wood would suck the bacteria in to the board and kill them.

Here's a link if anyone is interested.

FWIW I still use plastic sometimes, but it has to go through the dishwasher.

Here is a link that might be useful: More cutting board contamination info

o

We have pull-out cutting boards.

We have a knife slit for our prep knives.

Knife Slit

Bread knives and a few small knives for cutting cheese and sausage and such are in the drawer next to our sandwich station.

o

What about glass cutting boards? One of the websites I'm considering ordering a sink from, includes a free glass cutting board among other things. I've never heard of a glass cutting board, before.

o

Glass is nice for a cheese board (an alternative to marble), but it's not good for your knives, can can get tiny chips.

o

Cutco set in a knife block, and assorted other knives that will be on a magnetic strip-- both way back in the corner of the counter, because of kids.

o

Bumped for fishies!

o
looking to bump

Is there a limit on how old a post may be and still be bumped?

o

Angie- thanks! I noticed when I comment on old post it doesn't bump. There must be a limit.

I notice bread knives seem to be harder on my wood edge grain block. Is that normal? Is it okay? I feel like I'm ruining it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here