Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cold water only in prep sink?

Posted by powermuffin (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 16:44

Does anyone have a faucet that only provides cold water to their prep sink? My husband ordered a faucet that isn't made for both hot and cold water. He didn't realize that this was even an option.

We are going to keep it for now, and if it becomes an issue, we will change it out. I am just curious if anyone chose one like this on purpose.
Diane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cold water only in prep sink?

I think I'd want hot water there for cleaning. Are you at least plumbing it for hot in case you change it out later?

o

Most of my use would be cold water because most of my use is for prepping vegies. I would need hot water though for washing my hands during prep and washing out the sink at the end of dinner.

o

He ordered a bar faucet, not a prep faucet. It won't have enough flow rate or coverage for a prep sink. Plus, only cold? Not only no, but H-E-double hockeysticks NO!

o

Well, I kinda sorta have the same thing. I have a regular faucet, but a cold water only tapmaster. We live in Florida, and our "cold" water is at least 72 degrees, even in winter. Of course I can easily use hot or warm water by using my faucet handle, and if I find myself doing so often I'll change the tapmaster. I'll know in a few months, fall is finally in the air here!

o

Yes, we are plumbing for hot water too. If this faucet becomes an issues we will trade it out. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Diane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here