Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Care of brushed/satin finish stainless faucets?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 16:41

I just noticed in the instructions of the Glacier Bay drinking water faucet that it says:

To preserve the finish of your faucet, apply non-abrasive wax. Any cleaners should be rinsed off immediately. Do not use abrasive cleaners on the faucet.

The instructions for the Moen Benton (box says spot resistant surface, not brushed, or satin) says:

To preserve the finish on the metallic parts of your Moen faucet, apply non-abraisive wax, such as car wax. Any cleaners should be rinsed off immediately. Mild abrasives are acceptable on Platinum and LifeShine finishes.

Do you use car wax on your faucet? How often?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Care of brushed/satin finish stainless faucets?

We have a Kohler "vibrant stainless" (a/k/a brushed or satin finish) kitchen faucet. The directions for care indicated certain gentle cleaners (Clorox GreenWorks being one, which I already have,,, so I remember that one). There was nothing about waxing the faucet. Each brand is different, though, so what works for ours may not work for yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here