Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silestone's Lagoon white marble look alike - anyone use it?

Posted by blondelle (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 16:40

Has anyone used Silestone's Lagoon for their counter? If so, I would love to see photos. It looks the most like white marble I've seen but I had a small sample. What's also great about it is that it's so lightly patterned you can use it with a carrara backsplash without it being too much and the background color of it is just about the same color as the marble. A lot more practical than marble on the counters.

Lagoon is such a stange name for it though as that color is associated with something blue green or green I would think.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silestone's Lagoon white marble look alike - anyone use it?

I did a search for it after posting and there were many here considering it. Did anyone wind up using it? Did you pair it with a carrara backsplash? Did you like the result?

o
Silestone's Lagoon white marble look alike - anyone use it?

I used lagoon and I love how natural it looks. I am quite surprised at how few pics there are online. But I have no regrets and I am a carerra marble fan but knew I didn't want the maintenance. It just wasn't practical. And I looked at a lot of slabs in person including Torquay, and Lyra. But I think it looks better next to a backsplash that is not marble. That way it looks more like a real stone.

o

flicker2--pictures? Pleeeeeaaase? : )

o

I am getting Lagoon for my hall bathroom remodel...it's ordered and done, so no turning back. I promise to post pictures as soon as it's installed...hopefully next thursday or Friday...early January at the latest.

It's paired with a furniture style, cherry, distressed vanity. Beadboard walls...

I can't wait until it's done...then on to the kitchen!

o

I don't think it was Silestone, but the Caesarstone look-alike that I saw, but Christopher Peacock used it for his showroom in San Francisco, and it actually looks really really nice. I was surprised. I wonder if he was paid by them to install it? :) It certainly is a good marketing tool because while I was there, a few of the other people walking through the showroom remarked that they thought it looked really good for not being marble.

o

This is a Silestone Lagoon vanity counter put in a small guest bathroom.

o

A close up of the counter.

o

Thank you for posting the photos. I was planning on using Silestone Lyra for an upcoming bathroom/laundry room remodel but now really like the look of Lagoon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here