Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

In praise of Nespresso's customer service

Bunny
9 years ago

On Sunday afternoon my beloved Aeroccino Plus died. I was devastated. I planned to make a trip Monday to my local Sur la Table and buy a new one. Never mind that I think it's overpriced. I cannot live without it.

Yesterday, Monday, I called Nespresso and told them my sad tale. The nice person on the phone was very sorry for my loss. She had me try a few things, like putting ice water in the vessel. Nothing.

So she told me I was within my warranty period (with one month remaining) and they would send me a new unit. Yay!!! Since Monday was Columbus Day, she said it would go out on Tuesday and I should receive it on Thursday.

Today is Tuesday and my new Aeroccino was delivered an hour ago, just over 24 hours after I called Nespresso. I just called them back to register my new serial number and express my thanks. The new frother has its own new warranty period.

We hear about such abysmal customer service here, and I think it's important to tell about the good guys too.

Comments (11)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I know how you feel about the Aeroccino - I had to replace mine this year, out of warranty. Good to hear about Nespressos customer service!

• amck2
    9 years ago

Nice to read a positive customer service report.

You & others here compelled me to get a Nespresso machine. I was lucky to just make the cutoff date in January when they were offering the bundle that included the Aeroccino & a gift certificate for pods.

I'm generally a tea drinker, but nothing hits the spot sometime (like Sunday brunch) like a Nespresso w/ frothy steamed milk. We liked it so well we ended up getting one for the lakehouse.

If memory serves, linelle, you're the one who enjoys the 3 p.m. ritual. If so, glad you're back on track ;)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

That's really nice to hear, Linelle! I don't have one, but my son does and loves his :)

• Bunny
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's 3:17 and I'm sitting here with my frothy Arpeggio. God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world.

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

Tell me about your coffee machine. I like lattes more than coffee. Do you recommend?

• Bunny
    Original Author
    9 years ago

RightDi, I have a Pixie (titanium) that came bundled with an Aeroccino Plus frother. I totally love it and recommend it if you like lattes and/or cappuccinos. I wasn't even a latte or espresso drinker until I got my machine. Now it's the highlight of my afternoon!

I originally bought the Citiz. When I got it home I realized it had too large a footprint for my kitchen and took it right back to the store and exchanged it for a Pixie. I live alone and it's perfect for me.

Machines come with a good sample of coffees. I like a dark, rich roast without fruity, spicy or floral notes. I found two kinds I really like (Arpeggio and Fortissio Lungo) and that's all I buy. It works out, with shipping, to be about 70 cents a pull. I have one a day so it's not a budget buster.

The frother is the best thing. There's another Aeroccino that is more bullet-shaped (it comes with the Citiz) but I found it harder to grip, so I'm glad the Aeroccino Plus came with the Pixie. Frothed milk is the best part. I do half heated milk, half frothed, plus a long pull, all in a big mug. I am in heaven.

• carolmka
    9 years ago

My husband decided to break my Starbucks habit by giving me a Lattissma. Never looked back,

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

Thank you linelle!!
    Is the Aeroccino a type of Nespresso machine?? Thanks for the detailed review.
    DD

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

The Aeroccino is the machine made by Nespresso that froths and heats the milk. There are (separately) a variety of Nespresso models that make espresso and coffee. I agree with Lindell's - if you do get an Aeroccino, get the one with the handle - it's much easier to grip.

• Bunny
    Original Author
    9 years ago

At this very minute:

• calumin
    9 years ago

I have the Latissima Plus which is nice because you can keep milk in the frother attachment, and put it (and any leftover milk) in the refrigerator afterwards. Very easy and virtually no cleanup.

The machine is great. It didn't end up replacing my Technivorm drip coffee maker though - I need more of a caffeine jolt in the morning than I get with the Nespresso. Sometimes I make a cafe au lait with Technivorm drip coffee and Nespresso frothed milk.