Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ah! Quanto cielo! Quanto Mar!

Posted by drbeanie2000 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 16:36

Ok, that is a pretentious title, but you know how people say their backsplashes/tiles/granites/cabinets make their hearts sing?

IMG-20121026-00008

Not totally done, not staged, no bowls of granny smiths, horrible iphone quality, but....

IMG-20121026-00020

IMG-20121026-00018

IMG-20121026-00017

IMG-20121026-00015

IMG-20121026-00012

IMG-20121026-00010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ah! Quanto cielo! Quanto Mar!

Incredibly beautiful slabs! Makes my heart sing too. Congratulations and enjoy. Who needs granny smiths when you have that? lol

o

Sumptuous!!! Only word that fits! :)

o

I give that a big Yowza!! Caio!

o

Absolutely gorgeous, not just the slabs, but the whole kitchen.

o

Spectacular, and perfect, perfect, perfect with your cabinets! Gorgeous, stunning, wow!

o

It was love at first sight when I first saw that granite several years ago. It was no where to be found near me though when I was ready to redo my kitchen. I am happy for you that you were able to get it. It looks fabulous in your kitchen and its great to see that you used it as your backsplash behind the range too. Have fun showing it off.

o

Or, more prosaically, "geez louise"! What a beautiful slab!

o

Starry night!! or maybe beautiful photos of space from NASA . . . that's what your gorgeous island and BS look like to me! It makes my heart sing just looking at the pics--can't imagine how beautiful it must be in person.

o

Your granite & sixtyohno's granite are my favorites and I thought I didn't like granite !

o

Beautiful! What is the name of the stone?
When will you share details?

o

THat makes my heart stop - wait, maybe it is just a missed beat. Beautiful and Zowie!
Loving your kitchen.
You need a bright cloudy day to get pictures - having the same problem getting final pictures as sunny days cast shadows and rainy days - just too dark.
Hope you are not out east as Frankenstorm is on its way!

o

Bursting into song here myself! In the famous words of alaris19's niece's beau - "that's not an island it's a continent".

o

Wowzers, that is some gorgeous blue stone! The rest of the kitchen is also lovely, but the counters take my breath away. I wouldn't want to have anything on the counters to block the view.

o

so, do you like it?

Hah!

It is gorgeous!!!!!!

o

Wow what is that stone? Looks like a pic of earth taken from space!

o

Bingo - I agree or at least an air brushed version of the earth.

o

That is beautiful! Love the cabinetry and natural light.

o

Totally gorgeous!

o

Egads, this is gorgeous. And I've been waiting for this reveal! *sings in the chorus*

o

I love crazy stones and that one is beautiful

o

What's behind the stove? More of the same?

P.S. I'm impressed you got the photos you did considering all the light coming in that glorious window!

o

It is beautiful. Nature's artwork at it's best. Wow. I bet you just stare at it all the time. I know I would. Hope you can post some more pictures. Beautiful kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here