Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted sink wall base cabs to be a different finish, but....

Posted by jamies (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 16:14

Hello here is my kitchen-to-be. IRL the flooring is old fir, cabs whitish. Sink wall countertop = stainless, remainder countertop = soapstone. Not pictured is a wood plate rack above the DW. Hood is stainless and range color is undecided.

I would like the sink wall cabs to be stained rather than painted, but the corner base makes this less straightforward. Should I just make everything whitish instead?

Previously I had planned to make the base cabs on the range wall different (stained), but then I realized that the sink wall was a better candidate because it has no uppers and has the "accent" countertop.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted sink wall base cabs to be a different finish, but....

Would it be possible to just have the sink base in a stain instead of the whole run? Are you planning on getting anew DW? If so, you could get one that is panel ready and have the panel match the cabs that flank the sink? Maybe someone else on here will have a great idea, though! Try to search for pics of sink bases in a different finish... they are out there and it looks nice.

o
RE: Wanted sink wall base cabs to be a different finish, but....

T've seen sink cabs done in a different stain/color and it can look really great. Maybe these pictures can give you some ideas.

I love this one but think it would have looked so much better if they had paneled the DW.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here