Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ali80ca_gw

End of Day 15...progress is slowing!

ali80ca
10 years ago

This has been a quiet week. I have had a nasty cold so was very happy to have an empty house. The install guys showed up today and replaced my upper cabinets with the correct ones. They look pretty and are all ready for their knobs and lights. Electrician is still waiting for puck lights to arrive so that is on hold. Downdraft in island was put in place and confirmed that our setup works, now I can notify the soapstone place about final measurements. We still have stuff on back order, which is slowing progress down. What do I miss most....running water in the kitchen!!! Doing dishes in the bathroom upstairs is a hassle. But at least I have an oven now.

Comments (16)

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Back side of island with motor of downdraft, the side under the cooktop will have drawers for my pots. I am pleased with how it is working out

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Project for the weekend, hanging the picture over the banquette bench. I can hardly wait to see it mounted! It will look so pretty with my wall colours. Happy Thanksgiving (Canadian) everyone!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

I thought that was a wide flat screen!!!! Your kitchen looks amazing. Love the light grey color and the lights. I forget what the countertops will be? You're almost there...:)

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oldbat countertop will be soapstone

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Ali- I have the same bad cold- bummer
    Your kitchen is looking great and making progress love your banquette area. Have you picked your cushions and table yet?
    Take care and feel better

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

a2...I feel for you! Cushions will only be on the bottom and I am in love with the bluebells that 2littlefishies used on her banquette. Currently that is what I am thinking if I can find the fabric. Might get a runner down the center of the table made also from it. As far as table goes, I havent looked too much (small problem called cash flow!) and I want to make sure that it is easy to get around, but I love the look of this table.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Sweet - I remember 2 fishes gorgeous fabric on her banquet. Lovely table as well - what type of wood is on the top?

Also - if you have any Amish furniture stores around -they might be able to make what you want. I bought my rise up table and they customized it for me (the original was not a rise up table and they modified the dimensions and added the lift mechanism.

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

a2 according to the website, the top of the table is wormy maple with a walnut stain. I am fortunate to live in the heart of Mennonite Ontario so there are lots of options for custom made tables. The biggest decision right now seems to be what size and what shape and what sort of base would work best. I do like the look of that table though, it seems like it would suit the kitchen if the size was right. The wood top would bring out some of the brown tones in the cork floor.

• kcthatsme
    10 years ago

Love your island pendants. So elegant!

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks kcthatsme!! I love them also :)

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

I love the color of your cabinets and your beautiful light fixtures!

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you juddgirl. I am thrilled with how it is all coming together

• deedles
    10 years ago

Same cold here, too. Miserable.

But I'd feel better if my kitchen was where yours is! Those lights are cool. The table you show is nifty, too!

• tam18420
    10 years ago

Would you mind sharing the source for that table? I'm looking for one now and it's very nice looking! Thanks!

• ali80ca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Deedles, the progress of the kitchen helps, but getting rid of the cold would thrill me even more at this point! Hope you feel better soon...and thanks!

tam...I live in Ontario so its a Canadian place, but they have nice stuff. Look for the Jackson table. For some reason there website seems to be acting up a bit.

Here is a link that might be useful: table link

• tam18420
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info! Your kitchen looks fabulous so far!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?