Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sdionnemoore_gw

Backsplash Opinions

sdionnemoore
11 years ago

Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted but it has also been a while since we've had the chance to turn our attention to the kitchen. I think I have chosen a backsplash, but when I ordered it and saw it, I hesitated. It is a warm white (against Santa Cecelia) but I worry the splash is too. . .too. . well, that it won't look right. The hood is up and it is SS.

Pic #1

Pic#2

And this is where the backsplash would go:

Comments (14)

• corgimum
    11 years ago

That looks too bright white next to your counter. Trust your intuition.

• modern_mom35
    11 years ago

yes -- I agree. the white does not really go with the warm colors in your cabs, floors and granite. too stark. I think a creamy beige would be much nicer. everything is gorgeous though! good luck!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

If that is the tile from Mission Stone & Tile there is an ivory/cream color in addition to the white.

Here is a link that might be useful: ivory arabesques

• sdionnemoore
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's actually SomerTile Mini-Lantern (no beveled edge). It is a warm white compared to some I have seen and I thought I could get away with it here since there are flecks of that same warm white in the granite. The SomerTile Mini-Lantern also comes with a mesh, making it easier to hang than the arabesque, another reason I was hoping to make this work. Wah!

Does anyone know of a mini-lantern in ivory? I think I've looked and Googled everywhere and can't find any.

• sdionnemoore
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One more thing. . .doesn't the suggested ivory color clash with the gold walls? Somehow warm beige and gold don't go together in my head. :)

• baylorbear
    11 years ago

We're getting ready to build a house, and our design studio offers two mini-lantern backsplashes. They're by Dal Tile, but I haven't been able to find them on their website.

I LOVE them, but I haven't been able to talk DH into using them yet.

Pics:

This one is a green/gray. Sorry about the shadow on this one!

If you would like more information about them, I can call the design studio and try to find out more. Just let me know!

• sdionnemoore
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Those options are beautiful, baylorbear. Congrats on building your home--it's always such a dream to pick your own things. Your cabinets will be beautiful!

Do you think they don't have info because the tile is really new on the market? Could you give me the exact name and dimensions? Truly appreciate it!

• eam44
    11 years ago

How about a glass version of the arabesque shape? The cream and beige would accent your stone nicely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass

• deedles
    11 years ago

Ooo. The glass would look nice!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

I agree it needs something stronger that would stand up and support the enthusiasm of the counter and cabinet colors. The last one in glass is on the right track.

• chiefy
    11 years ago

I love the one that baylorbear posted.
    Have you looked at fireclay tile? Their ogee drop, ogee, or Paseo are interesting options.

Here is a link that might be useful: FireClay Field Tile Shapes

• baylorbear
    11 years ago

Hi Sdionnemoore,

The creamy/beige one is the Cepac LA17 Lantern by Dal Tile.

The green/gray one is the Cepac LA10 Lantern, also by Dal Tile.

One mini-lantern is 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches at the widest points.

The lady that I spoke to said that they just came out, so that's probably why they're not on their website yet! I wonder if they have other colors.... Hope this helps! :-)

• sdionnemoore
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much, baylorbear. I suspected that must be why there was no information.

EAM44- It is beautiful, but at 52.10 for one sheet, it would totally break the bank.

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

IMHO... with your granite, you need a "quieter" b/s.
    it's just way too much going on there...its like they are fighting each other.

i would continue to look, you can do better..

good luck!!