Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie111_gw

Refacing cabinets in a vacation home

katie111
10 years ago

We just bought a ski vacation condo. It's in great shape and we got an awesome deal on it but the kitchen cabinets are so ugly. They are that white laminate with a strip of oak near the top that was somehow popular in the 80's. We definitely don't want to do a remodel as the layout is fine & the kitchen is quite small (galley style) so we are thinking of just refacing the cabinets. They are actually very solid, just ugly. We will probably be using the condo about 40 days a year so the kitchen will not be getting a tremendous amount of use. The appliances are new and the countertops are in good shape so its really just the cabinets we are concerned about.

If you did reface, how do they look? Have they stood up well? We would definitely have it professionally done and we would want to do real wood, not laminate. Any ideas on cost? We only have about 10 cabinets and 5 drawers in the entire kitchen. I would love to do dark wood, but the insides are white, so would that look really strange? We have white cabinets in our home kichen, so I'd like to do something different and a little warmer looking.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz