Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prep Sink with Cutting Board - Counter Fabrication

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 15:46

Our Kohler cast iron prep sink has a cutting board that fits into it supposedly. It's listed as an accessory for Kohler Iron/Tones sinks.
The sink can be installed undermount or top mount. We are doing under.

The sink when done top mount is 17" x 18 3/4"
*The sink when done under-mount is 14 x 15 3/4" (Kohler K-6584)
*The board is Kohler K-3294 and is 12" x 17".

I don't see how I can use this board with the sink???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prep Sink with Cutting Board - Counter Fabrication

I think I may get it! Here is a close-up picture of the board. Look carefully at the lower left corner. I believe that the board is meant to go over the sink entirely in one direction. I think there is a bumpout on the bottom that fits within either the sink bowl (for top-mount use) or within the granite cutout (for undermount use).

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler cutting board -- choose

o

2littlefishies - crazy talk here - and something I never thought to do myself...try asking Kohler? Best, oldbat2be :)

o

I did call Kohler last week. The girl wasn't familiar with it (I could tell) but then said for undermount sink it just sits on top of the granite like basically any cutting board would. I should call back and get someone else.

o

Not a Kohler sink, but the cutting board for my Ticor undermount sink is cut in the sink shape to sit on the edge of the granite over the sink. It does not go down inside of the granite to sit on the sink edge.

o

Thanks, angela-- I think that may be the set up for this as well..

o

Fishies?? Did you read my post?

o

Angie- Yes : ) But the woman at Kohler said it sits on top of the granite... and you wrote within the granite cutout. What do you think?

o

I didn't write that the whole board fits within the granite. Again, if you look carefully at the lower left-hand corner of the picture, you can see the there is what I called a "bumpout" on the bottom. That is, it looks to me like the bottom is not flat, but has material removed near the edge of the board.

I believe the outer edge of the board rests on the granite, and the "bumpout" sticks down into the sink. That would keep the board from sliding around.

Does that make sense?

o

Yes, makes sense! I just got the board but haven't opened it yet. Templating is getting done next week. Do I just discuss it with granite guys?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here