Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msk6261

On Demand sparling water systems

Mindy Katz
9 years ago

Many restaurants in our area are offering sparkling tap water option to their drinking water offering. I have been hoping and wishing that someone would come out with a system good for residential applications and it appears they are trickling in.

Has anyone had any experience with:

Everpure Exubera
Grohe Blue Chilled
or
other??

Might be cost prohibitive at the moment but I figured I would start my research now?

Here is a link that might be useful: Everpure Exubera

Comments (9)

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Maybe this is way too simplistic but why not just purchase a Soda Stream? They don't chill the water (do they?) but they do carbonate and don't take up valuable space in a cabinet.

• chispa
    9 years ago

DH drinks a large bottle of carbonated water every day, so my breakeven point would be about 3 years (system+faucet) and I wouldn't have to deal with recycling the glass/plastic bottles. Didn't know these existed!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I'd love to have one - we drink at least a bottle a day from our Sodastream. Chispa, do you not have a Sodastream?

• Jancy
    9 years ago

I have the soda stream and love it. I also think the carbonation stays fizzy longer than an open bottle of store bought carbonated water. It's great not having to lug carbonated water home and having a fridge full of water bottles.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

Interesting idea, as a "fizzy water-a-holic" I need to look into this! I drink four or five, or more 12 oz. cans a day.
    I usually buy the Safeway brand Refreshe, which is the best price I've found at about $2.50 a twelve pack, but even at that low price, it does add up. Would like to see a cost per gallon comparison, and I might be swayed....

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

msk6261, I just bought a Samsung fridge with a built in Soda Stream that dispenses sparkling water. Is that kinda what you are talking about?

• sbdesign
    9 years ago

@RightDi,

This brings up the obvious question...

Can you add Scotch to the dispenser to go with the soda?

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

@sbdesign,
    Did I fail to mention that my new fridge also has a Scotch dispenser, right next to the crushed ice!!! :)

• bobbbieg
    9 years ago

I'm wondering if that setup has the same problems that sodastream has, mainly if your stuck with buying the gas from them and how much pressure the system has.

When I was looking at Sodastream I read that they have a massive, like 1000% markup on the carbon dioxide and it only has a PSI of under 20, instead I went to home brewing websites and bought a carbonation setup. Basically you get a tank, a two stage regulator and a Carbonator lock that you screw onto a regular 2 liter bottle.

It costs a little more then a sodastream, but seeing how I only pay $14 for ten pounds of CO vs the sodastream where for that price you only get ounces of the gas, I've made back my investment long ago.

Also, I've gotten spoiled at using around 50 PSI, now when I drink store bought seltzer it feels almost flat, oh and you can make your own champagne too!