Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frosty Carrina or London Grey

Posted by 3labs (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 19, 13 at 15:42

At the last minute I canceled my granite (Bianco Romano). And now have to decide between the London Grey on the left or Frosty Carrina on the right . The flooring is on the top. White shaker cabinets. I absolutley thought I was going to love the Frosty Carrina but when I saw in person along side the London Grey I am at a stand still.
Please help me decide.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frosty Carrina or London Grey

My taste runs to the one on the right.

Karen

o

I believe the picture may be upside down because the flooring is on the bottom and you mentioned the flooring being on the top. With that said I would go with the London Grey, the undertones in the London Grey pick up nicely on the color of the floor.

o

Funny, I just ordered samples of both! Check out this kitchen with London Gray ...

I'll try to find the other one of Frosty Carina

Here is a link that might be useful: London Gray

o

Yes, picture is upside down, Frosty Carrina on left, the darker London Grey on right.

I am using the Frosty Carrina on our island in our new build, it's a hard decision as they are both gorgeous!

o

Here is a link to some of Frosty Carrina.

Personally, I think either would look great! Do you have ideas for your backsplash yet? And would it look better with one vs. the other?

Here is a link that might be useful: Frosty Carrina

o

btw ... the London Gray kitchen I linked to is tmunson's and the Frosty Carrina is from kal34's kitchen.

o

Thank you so much. It looks like one vote for Frosty Carrina and one vote for London Gary and one vote for either. Yes picture is upside down We need a tie braker.

o

Frosty!

o

Thank you lori_inthenw for breaking the tie. Frosty Carrina my original choice. The whiter one. i said at the every beginning i wanted quartz. Builder only offered granite. We have changed so many things and at the last minute (cabinets will be in this coming week) I was like I can not do the granite.

o

I see two votes for London Grey, both Karen and myself! You will be fine either way.

o

London gray!

o

Have you checked these against your white cabinets? Are your cabinets, stark white or warm white?
Just be aware that both Frosty Carina and London Gray are quite warm. I had London Gray picked and when my cabinets were installed and we tried the large sample on top, it looked dirty, Same with the Frosty Carina as it's a creamy ivory white. The Caesarstone website shows it whiter than it actually is. We ended up going with Caesarstone Misty Carrera as it was a bit of a cooler white. Hope that helps!

If your cabinets are a warmer white then I vote for London Gray! I saw it in a friends house with gray and navy cabinets and it looked stunning!

o

I like both but with the white cabinets I like London Grey better. I had samples of both and they both are very nice looking.

o

Let's add something else to the mix! Have you looked at Cambria Quartz? I like their similar colors better. Not much help, though, since I chose Blue Pearl granite.

Karen

o

London Gray....but based on the pic BlackChamois posted I might be tempted to go darker for more contrast with the cabs. But in your pic it does seem to coordinate nicely with the floor.

o

Thank you everyone. Now I too am leaning towards the London Grey.

o

3labs - any update? what did you decide?

o

I decided on London Grey only to find out it was on back order. So I need to go with Frosty Carrina. The first estimate I got last week seemed so high, even knowing how expensive it is. Today I have another fabricator coming to give me an estimate.

o

Curious - how long did they say the back order wait was for London Grey?

o

I'll tell you that I just got quotes from 2 fabricators for "typical" or builder's grade granite, Bianco Antico granite, and silestone quartz Alpina White and the quartz was A LOT more expensive.

For 37 sq foot of countertop:
One place:
Typical Granite: $2,390
Bianco Antico: $2,700
Silestone Alpina White: $3,775

Another place:
Builder's Grade Granite: $1,502
Silestone Alpina White: $3,238

One of the fabricators told me the reason my Silestone choice was so high was because the color I picked was only available in a Jumbo Slab, which was more quartz than I needed, but he had to buy the whole thing. Quartz is available in regular and jumbo slabs and some colors may only be offered in one size, not both.

So, I think I will be going to look at granite slabs the next free day I have.

Good luck with finding your choices!

o

Slabs come from Charlotte. I just call them direct. They have 20 slabs coming any day which are all taken. Next shipment won't arrive until end of December.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here