Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abellvt_gw

Kitchen Layout

abellvt
11 years ago

Hello: I am new here, but need help! We have an old farmhouse, which we will be in forever. I cook alot, often for 10-20 people. We are renovating our kitchen, but want to keep the layout roughly the same (i.e., appliances in the same place) to keep costs down. Currently, we have an L shaped layout, with an island. The spacing is so tight you cannot open the fridge door wide enough to remove a drawer. The only major change we are making in the layout is to close off a doorway, allowing a longer counter, so that we can move the range off the existing wall, onto the new wall, allowing the fridge to shift over. Any suggestions on the proposed layout would be welcome.

A couple of specific questions. I was planning an a pro-style range, but would be open to a rangetop/wall oven if that was advantageous for the layout (I can't seem to make it work). Also, I am worried by all the comments I read about the hood/MUA requirements ... how do I know if I can satisfy those things before selecting appliances?

In terms of style, I like a clean, uncluttered farmhouse look. Bead board wainscoting, bead board painted cabs (all will be custom; I have a great master carpenter), some open shelving, maybe concrete C-tops (no granite!). The unlabelled square in the corner of the layout is a sweet little soapstone woodstove with a bread oven.

Thank you!

Comments (3)