Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butcher block is installed!!

Posted by hobokenkitchen (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 15:25

Now we really are just down to the backsplash and window seat cushion.

Here it is! We may put another coat of oil on to darken it another shade.....
Can't wait to see my husband's face when he walks in and sees it there! : )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butcher block is installed!!

I am first (unusual as I am working for another 2 months) - love it! and the rest of the kitchen also!!!

o

Beautiful:)

o

Looks great!

o

Looks great!

o

Wow! What a beautiful kitchen and the butcher block looks great! Really nice.

o

Gorgeous...who's going to use a knife on it first?

Your kitchen is beautiful. We have a similar fireplace/French door going in (right now it's a temp door to keep the cold out while they finish insulating the new family room on the other side.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
how high did you hang your chandelier in front of the fireplace? We are struggling with that... Our kitchen table will go there.

o

The wood is absolutely gorgeous... LOVE!

o

Stunning, and you so deserve this.....enjoy!

o

secondhalf - my husband just walked by and asked if that was our room! : )

We hung it at 6ft 3ins (the very bottom piece). Basically we wanted it low but not too low and wanted DH to (just) be able to walk under it.

o

Wow, That is gorgeous!

o

Ooooh la la! That is stunning, the texture is fabulous, as is the entire room. Gorgeous in every direction. Wow!

o

Very nice indeed. A lovely kitchen and hearth.

On our local city blog, bloggers were saying granite is out, and multiple surface is in: marble, butcher block, and other (glass, quartz, quartzite).

Still, granites are lovely, functional and economical so, like stainless, I don't see them disappearing.

o

love the way you gaze at the butcher block then over to the glass cabs on the left and through to the fireplace--great places for the details which create a nice visual focus line, [not overly kitchen-centric]....and the light fixtures play it up so well. Enjoy your nice space!

o

Beautiful kitchen! Your stone, your block and your floors are just gorgeous.

o

Hobokenkitchen, lovely install. I'll have to locate the threads where you share the details of type of counters, floor, etc. I'm just beginning the selection of materials for my remodel and look forward to a beautiful kitchen likes yours. Congratultions!

o

Terzen, I haven't made te post with details yet, but to answer the couple of things you mentioned, the floors are Walnut with a Teak stain by Ferma, the stone is Super White quartzite and the butcher block was made by a fabulous local Bucks County cabinet maker - Millwork LLC from Trumbauersville, PA. Their number is 215-429-4981 if anyone needs butcher block, and I saw pictures of their kitchens and they looked beautiful.

o

ooh and ahhh!!!!!!!!!! :-)

o

Oh wow...simply beautiful...and that is not just for the butcher block ..the whole kitchen and living area has really come together. Wonderful space. c

o

That is a gorgeous kitchen (and butcher block)! Everything blends beautifully. I look forward to the full reveal.

o

Simply stunning! Can't wait to see the final reveal and all the details. What kind of cabinets do you have? Love everything!

o

OMG, I am green with envy! This is so fabulous, I might cry! Details on everything, please! Love the lights!!

o

OMG, just beautiful!

o

WOW! not sure if I missed the reveal on this, but it is stunning. It is so warm and inviting with the warmth of the woods and the stone.Can you provide details on the cabinets? are they just painted or is that a glaze as well. Can't believe that's super white, I def. thought it was marble! Great job! Want to see more and details PLEASE!!

o

Oh my. Stunning! Love the whole thing!

o

Oh my. Stunning! Love the whole thing!

o

Breathtaking. The whole space is so beautiful. I'm envious of your fireplace! :-)

o

WOW....it is going to be a show stopper!!!

o

BEAUTIFUL!!!

o

WOW Such a pretty space. It's a kitchen and doesnt seem kitcheny at all. The island is gorgeous! What is the spaced light areas under the butcher block?
Cant wait for your detailed reveal. I'm close to the butcherblock maker so now want to know the stone supplier/fabricator.

o

michelle16,the cabinets do have glaze... but just a little, we didn't want to go to heavy with it.

ppbenn, the stone supplier and fabricator is IMG down by Philadelphia airport. I don't know that I would recommend them though - they did a good job of laminating the island edge, but think they could have done a lot better on a variety of other areas. We won't use them again.

o

REALLY beautiful! What's not to love? : ) Enjoy it! Can't wait to be that far along!

o

Wow, your whole place is gorgeous!!!

o

wowza!! that is an amazing space!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here