Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Butcher block is installed!!

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

Now we really are just down to the backsplash and window seat cushion.

Here it is! We may put another coat of oil on to darken it another shade.....

Can't wait to see my husband's face when he walks in and sees it there! : )

Comments (32)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I am first (unusual as I am working for another 2 months) - love it! and the rest of the kitchen also!!!

• mjher1
    11 years ago

Beautiful:)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Looks great!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful kitchen and the butcher block looks great! Really nice.

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Gorgeous...who's going to use a knife on it first?

Your kitchen is beautiful. We have a similar fireplace/French door going in (right now it's a temp door to keep the cold out while they finish insulating the new family room on the other side.

how high did you hang your chandelier in front of the fireplace? We are struggling with that... Our kitchen table will go there.

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

The wood is absolutely gorgeous... LOVE!

• maggieq
    11 years ago

Stunning, and you so deserve this.....enjoy!

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

secondhalf - my husband just walked by and asked if that was our room! : )

We hung it at 6ft 3ins (the very bottom piece). Basically we wanted it low but not too low and wanted DH to (just) be able to walk under it.

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Wow, That is gorgeous!

• smiling
    11 years ago

Ooooh la la! That is stunning, the texture is fabulous, as is the entire room. Gorgeous in every direction. Wow!

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Very nice indeed. A lovely kitchen and hearth.

On our local city blog, bloggers were saying granite is out, and multiple surface is in: marble, butcher block, and other (glass, quartz, quartzite).

Still, granites are lovely, functional and economical so, like stainless, I don't see them disappearing.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

love the way you gaze at the butcher block then over to the glass cabs on the left and through to the fireplace--great places for the details which create a nice visual focus line, [not overly kitchen-centric]....and the light fixtures play it up so well. Enjoy your nice space!

• camphappy
    11 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! Your stone, your block and your floors are just gorgeous.

• teruko
    11 years ago

Hobokenkitchen, lovely install. I'll have to locate the threads where you share the details of type of counters, floor, etc. I'm just beginning the selection of materials for my remodel and look forward to a beautiful kitchen likes yours. Congratultions!

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Terzen, I haven't made te post with details yet, but to answer the couple of things you mentioned, the floors are Walnut with a Teak stain by Ferma, the stone is Super White quartzite and the butcher block was made by a fabulous local Bucks County cabinet maker - Millwork LLC from Trumbauersville, PA. Their number is 215-429-4981 if anyone needs butcher block, and I saw pictures of their kitchens and they looked beautiful.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

ooh and ahhh!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• trailrunner
    11 years ago

Oh wow...simply beautiful...and that is not just for the butcher block ..the whole kitchen and living area has really come together. Wonderful space. c

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

That is a gorgeous kitchen (and butcher block)! Everything blends beautifully. I look forward to the full reveal.

• Linda
    11 years ago

Simply stunning! Can't wait to see the final reveal and all the details. What kind of cabinets do you have? Love everything!

• precious11
    11 years ago

OMG, I am green with envy! This is so fabulous, I might cry! Details on everything, please! Love the lights!!

• caminnc
    11 years ago

OMG, just beautiful!

• michelle16
    11 years ago

WOW! not sure if I missed the reveal on this, but it is stunning. It is so warm and inviting with the warmth of the woods and the stone.Can you provide details on the cabinets? are they just painted or is that a glaze as well. Can't believe that's super white, I def. thought it was marble! Great job! Want to see more and details PLEASE!!

• anrol
    11 years ago

Oh my. Stunning! Love the whole thing!

• anrol
    11 years ago

Oh my. Stunning! Love the whole thing!

• rhome410
    11 years ago

Breathtaking. The whole space is so beautiful. I'm envious of your fireplace! :-)

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

WOW....it is going to be a show stopper!!!

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

WOW Such a pretty space. It's a kitchen and doesnt seem kitcheny at all. The island is gorgeous! What is the spaced light areas under the butcher block?
    Cant wait for your detailed reveal. I'm close to the butcherblock maker so now want to know the stone supplier/fabricator.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

michelle16,the cabinets do have glaze... but just a little, we didn't want to go to heavy with it.

ppbenn, the stone supplier and fabricator is IMG down by Philadelphia airport. I don't know that I would recommend them though - they did a good job of laminating the island edge, but think they could have done a lot better on a variety of other areas. We won't use them again.

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

REALLY beautiful! What's not to love? : ) Enjoy it! Can't wait to be that far along!

• gone_south
    11 years ago

Wow, your whole place is gorgeous!!!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

wowza!! that is an amazing space!!

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm