Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teeboo_gw

Need Help kitchen taking down wall pic included

teeboo
10 years ago

Okay this is layout of area. I have everything written on the photo but I will recount on this email.
1. The side of the pantry shown is facing the front door as seen from drawing. Should I turn facing front door using a cabinet and shelves above with mirrors behind to make a focal point when entering and not feel as though looking straight into a kitchen? Please remember the dimensions and taking down wall between lr and kitchen.
2. Refrigerator cabinet - would it look better to have closed cabinet above or open for display area?

3 and 5: Should these cabinets have a 12" open space above for display and the splash of color since everything is white with old red pine floors? Will send picture so you can see floors. They are gorgeous.

6: Should I put trash compactor here with pull out spice rack or cabinet with drawer?

9: Should I put trash compactor or trash can here or stack of drawers?

11: Floor space is limited so should I use a 33" sink base or a 36" sink base? Cabinet builder wants me to use 36" but all I use a sink base for is to store detergents and kitchen cleaners.

12: Would this be the best place for this trash compactor or trash can? As you can tell, I am at a lose as to where to put trash.
If do not put trash here, could have 24 to 27 inch stack of drawers. What do you suggest?

With this arrangement, I have 40" clearance on each end of the island. Could there be a better layout of island?

What is the difference between a peninsula and an island?

Beside the laundry room door (your picture shows dark door, should I put the pantry if move from beside refrigerator or cabinet with mirrored back or just leave empty as shown? I feel like the island looks like it is overpowering the room since it extends beyond original kitchen wall. If use cabinet or pantry in this location, should I put open shelf above door to connect the cabinets to make it look more like a galley kitchen?

I am using white cabinets which can be distressed or left all white. (What do you think?)

I am using white appliances because I like them and do not like stainless.

I have looked at bianco ramano granite which has raspberry, gray in it. Any suggestions? I plan to use all white because I think that it will allow the eyes to flow in this small space rather than stop. Was even thinking about no upper cabinet doors but reconsidered that thought.

I like the blue green glass tiles but think mirrors would allow people dining at island to view the water rather than look at a kitchen. Suggestions here?????

This is not in stone and if you have better layout plan, please let me know. I am open to any and all suggestions. You can see the dimensions. Plan to use an antique (which will be distressed) fold up card table in lr between 2 chairs that can open to 4 top table in case people prefer to sit at table to dine, play cards or work on a puzzle as this is a weekly rental.

Thank you

{{gwi:1964007}}

Comments (4)